Pre-register child for kid's crew

My parents are sailing on NCL this summer to Alaska with my nephew.

On Carnival they were able to pre-register for the children programs. Are they able to do so with kid's crew on NCL? Where is the option to do so? They are fully paid for and went on the site today and didn't locate it.

Please let me know if so and how to.

No, you cannot pre-register for Splash Academy. Registration is held during embarkation prior to sail-away (although I am sure you can also go at a later time). Enjoy!

Thanks! They are not going to like this, but will let them know!

It only takes a couple of minutes and gives the adults a chance to have a look at the area.

Well, perhaps. Granted the OP's parents are going to be on a smaller ship, but we were recently on the Breakaway and the registration for Splash Academy was INSANE. I waited over 45 minutes in line to meet with a counselor to register. It got me wondering why they DON'T have a preregistration option. Does anyone know why they might not?

Actually, on the Spirit a couple of weeks ago they were doing sign up at the port before boarding, but they use a paper system, unlike the bigger ships.

I have signed our son up quite a few times and we have never waited more than a couple of minutes.

I guess they haven't had a preregistration because it generally isn't needed. Perhaps on the big ships during peak holiday times it gets busy enough to need it now, so maybe it's something which will come sometime.

Edit to say I've done it on the Pearl in Alasla in August. No wait at all.

Edited by KeithJenner

Well, perhaps. Granted the OP's parents are going to be on a smaller ship, but we were recently on the Breakaway and the registration for Splash Academy was INSANE. I waited over 45 minutes in line to meet with a counselor to register. It got me wondering why they DON'T have a preregistration option. Does anyone know why they might not?

I agree. We sailed on the Jewel on a holiday week, and sign up was a breeze. It was a madhouse on the Breakaway, the same week.

You don't have to stand in line for 45 minutes, if the line is that long, leave and come back later. If the ship has 90 kids (our last cruise) it is much easier than the following week after us (950 kids)