TA or PCC questions

Seems to be a lot of TA and PCC questions lately. Got a couple of my own, so thought I'd start a thread to capture them.

I'll go first.

Sailing on the BA in 5 weeks. Using a new TA. Got a healthy OBC and UBP as well as UDP thrown in. None of this has shown up on my edocs downloaded from the NCL website. But , it is on my TA receipt. When is it supposed to show up on the edocs?

TA keeps saying "don't worry". I am worried. Am I worrying for no reason?

Seems to be a lot of TA and PCC questions lately. Got a couple of my own, so thought I'd start a thread to capture them.

I'll go first.

Sailing on the BA in 5 weeks. Using a new TA. Got a healthy OBC and UBP as well as UDP thrown in. None of this has shown up on my edocs downloaded from the NCL website. But , it is on my TA receipt. When is it supposed to show up on the edocs?

I wouldn't say for no reason, but this stuff will never appear on your edocs. What you need to do is to ask your TA to send you a copy of your Amenity Confirmation...that is where you will find these things listed.

I wouldn't say for no reason, but this stuff will never appear on your edocs. What you need to do is to ask your TA to send you a copy of your Amenity Confirmation...that is where you will find these things listed.

OP said it was on the receipt(confirmation) he got from the TA.

Bill

I'll go first.

You should worry only a wee bit. :D This is very common that TA provided OBC and purchased amenities do not appear on NCL eDoc. I would be sure to get copy of the amenity confirmation from your TA which will show everything. I'd bring hard copies of it with you on board and go to Guest Services if all credits don't show on your shipboard invoice by Day 2 which I've only had to do one time.

Edited by kylenyc

Bill

:confused: You realize that there is a difference between a booking receipt/invoice and an amenity confirmation, right?

:confused: You realize that there is a difference between a booking receipt/invoice and an amenity confirmation, right?

Thanks everyone for the help. I learn something new everyday.

I DO HAVE the hardcopy of the receipt that show all the amenities. However, I have had the same before, where I had a receipt that showed OBC and the "perks". I waited to see if they would show up once I was on board, and they never did. Guest services mentioned it was something the TA had to inform NCL to do (and I agree with them).

I had to wait until I returned from the cruise to get it sorted out with the TA. That wasn't a big deal.

But, with $300 of OBC, probably an additional $700 in "Free Perks" (UDP + UBP) for the both of us, that's not unsubstantial. As an example, we may not use the UDP specialty restaurants if we thought it wasn't included in our booking.

Another question....what's an "Amenity Confirmation"? Never heard of it. TA's have this?

Bill

Any amenity confirmation I ever had was generated by NCL and showed everything given to me by the TA. Don't know why you would just want to get one from the TA ( unless they are actually asking NCL to generate one ) and then have to argue with guest services to get it corrected if NCL does not have the info when you board. Better to get it corrected now.

Edited by punkincc

Any amenity confirmation I ever had was generated by NCL and showed everything given to me by the TA. Don't know why you would just want to get one from the TA ( unless they are actually asking NCL to generate one ) and then have to argue with guest services to get it corrected if NCL does not have the info when you board. Better to get it corrected now.

This is a good point - whether you contact NCL and ask for one or ask your TA for one, make sure it is on NCL letterhead. Be sure to print it out & take it on board with you - it seems to be the one document that has helped me straighten out discrepancies on board. Enjoy!

OP Did you book when NCL was offering the UDP and UBP if you booked a suite? If so, it is actually coming from NCL and not your TA. Mine is only showing on the invoice from my TA and the invoice the TA gets from NCL. I checked with my PCC and she said even for her clients that have booked with the promo, it is not showing on the Amenity Confirmation - only the codes on the invoice. I sure hope we hear from some that booked with this promo and actually cruised already and received it without any problems.

I'd also like to know if those that got the promo were able to pre-book their reservations like those that have purchased the UDP.

Edited by peg013

OP Did you book when NCL was offering the UDP and UBP if you booked a suite? If so, it is actually coming from NCL and not your TA. Mine is only showing on the invoice from my TA and the invoice the TA gets from NCL. I checked with my PCC and she said even for her clients that have booked with the promo, it is not showing on the Amenity Confirmation - only the codes on the invoice. I sure hope we hear from some that booked with this promo and actually cruised already and received it without any problems.

I'd also like to know if those that got the promo were able to pre-book their reservations like those that have purchased the UDP.

Yep...booked a suite when they were running the UDP and UBP promo.

Interesting....guess I'll start with NCL to see if they have the amenity confirmation. Will keep everyone posted.

Thanks!

Hi Peggy - I have an Amenities Confirmation showing the UDP/UBP from the suite promotion (for our August sailing). Not sure why the PCC would say that it isn't showing up. Odd!

This is why I enjoy coming here....particularly the NCL boards. The vast majority of folks are very helpful.

Didn't realize there was such a thing as an "Amenity Confirmation". Called NCL (had to wade through all the phone menu items). Finally got the Amenity Confirmation on NCL's letter head emailed to me.

I changed TAs because the one I used to book this reservation was recommended to me to help out a "friend" who works for them.

I understand that the travel agent industry has changed dramatically, and that commissions are slim. But, simple questions and requests shouldn't be an issue.

Think I'll go back to my old TA.

Again, thanks!

Now....gotta work on getting the OBC. NCL says that's something that was offered via the TA. TA says they won't post it to my account until right before I sail....sometimes not until I check in at the dock. Is this normal?

Hi Peggy - I have an Amenities Confirmation showing the UDP/UBP from the suite promotion (for our August sailing). Not sure why the PCC would say that it isn't showing up. Odd!

Did you use a TA or PCC? That sure is weird because she is usually really on the ball, in fact one of the most highly rated PCC's we've had or heard about. I find it hard to believe she blew me off because this cruise was transferred to a TA, but it sure seems like it now. She said she couldn't see mine because it's no longer her reservation, but went on to say that guests that did book thru her didn't show up on the amenity confirmation anyway.

I will be really mad if we gave up our huge H6 balcony (and an inside) to move to a H4 so we all would get the UBP and two of us would get the UDP.

Now....gotta work on getting the OBC. NCL says that's something that was offered via the TA. TA says they won't post it to my account until right before I sail....sometimes not until I check in at the dock. Is this normal?

TA OBC should show up nearer the cruise (definitely after final payment) either under "Print Vacation Summary" (sometimes) or "Print Booked Items" (usually). They have to actually purchase it first.

Edited by peg013

TA OBC should show up nearer the cruise (definitely after final payment) either under "Print Vacation Summary" (sometimes) or "Print Booked Items" (usually). They have to actually purchase it first.

Thanks, Peg!:)

Thank you! So the prices are all pretty close. So the perks, you just call until you get an agent willing to offer extra stuff? Or does this happen closer to sail dates?

Prices for the cruise fare itself should all be the same. The differences will be in things like OBC, perks like dinners at the "fee" restaurants, etc. Perks change all the time. The UDP and the UBP were perks offered by NCL a couple of months ago. The OBC was offered by my TA.

NCL is offering "free" 3-4 day cruises as a promo right now. Check out what additional perks the TAs are offering to what NCL offers.

Edited by graphicguy