Gold card and pin arrived!

Skipper Tim

Gold pin arrived! I shall wear it, along with my MSC Captain's cap, always.

In typical MSC style, having not received my Silver card at all, two identical Gold cards arrived at once (but only the one pin).

gold.jpg

Congratulations on your new arrivals, and look forward to the 10% discount.

You'll have to try to get to black before it is superceeded by a highr level

Now you can start a collection of pins to rival mine.

Good Afternoon All

Like you MM42 I never knew pins existed. I am a Black card member and do not even own a black card, I get the 20% discount OK. A couple of years ago I did get a Gold card thru the post and still carry that with me on cruises. Can you guys point me in the right direction on how to get a pin and card, it would be nice to wear the pin at the Officers luncheon.

Good Afternoon All

Like you MM42 I never knew pins existed. I am a Black card member and do not even own a black card, I get the 20% discount OK. A couple of years ago I did get a Gold card thru the post and still carry that with me on cruises. Can you guys point me in the right direction on how to get a pin and card, it would be nice to wear the pin at the Officers luncheon.

All my pins came automatically with the cards for myself and my OH as and when we reached the next level. This included the pins when we got Black cards last October. However we did receive one silver pin and one gold pin with our Black cards which I thought a little odd. I guess they ran out of gold ones and just sent 2 pins as we were pushing them for our Black cards. I had a dispute over the last 100th point that was needed on my account. Surfice it to say I won the disagreement over that one point.

I ca only say badger the right people at MSC Club HQ, The people have changed since I dealt with them so others may be able to point you in the correct direction.

Pete

PS to date I have a total of 7 pins:- 4 gold ( 3 compass design + 1 MSC logo design) and 3 silver pins.

Try contacting Lee at the UK Office, she seems to deal with club matters. Hopefully they will get you your black card and pin. I sometimes need to show the black card to get preferential boarding, so it is better to have the physical proof.

PS to date I have a total of 7 pins:- 4 gold ( 3 compass design + 1 MSC logo design) and 3 silver pins.

To date I have a total of 1 blue card, 1 gold card and... that's it. No silver card, no pins and I'm only a few points away from the black card. :rolleyes:

A few months ago I asked them to send me the silver card I never received and... I'm still waiting... :rolleyes:

*walks amongst august company*

:D

I look forward to the day when I can get the basic card! :P

Buying the Captain's cap from the 'MSC Logo Shop' is a sure investment. I only bought one at the very end of my last cruise. I assumed they would not have my size (big-head syndrome). They did.

Keep a straight face and everyone is your friend and service sublime. What more could anyone want?

Keep a straight face and everyone is your friend and service sublime. What more could anyone want?

• 'Proper' bacon
  • Water at the table and tender
  • Washcloths
  • Iced tea
  • Chummy smiles and fawning from the staff
  • A wrap around promenade
  • A central 'avenue'
  • An observation lounge
  • Access to the same facilities as everyone else on the ship including those who have paid a premium to use more exclusive facilities
  • Tipping
  • No tipping
  • Towel animals
  • Chocolates
  • Waiters with sweet sweet breath

Oh sorry...was that a rhetorical question?

• 'Proper' bacon
  • Water at the table and tender
  • Washcloths
  • Iced tea
  • Chummy smiles and fawning from the staff
  • A wrap around promenade
  • A central 'avenue'
  • An observation lounge
  • Access to the same facilities as everyone else on the ship including those who have paid a premium to use more exclusive facilities
  • Tipping
  • No tipping
  • Towel animals
  • Chocolates
  • Waiters with sweet sweet breath

Oh sorry...was that a rhetorical question?

Yes.

P.S. Excellent list though.

Edited by Skipper Tim