Guide me through how to get a price drop please.

beachjulie

After checking my Bermuda trip this August I noticed that my C1 cabin has dropped by 331.00 total from what I booked at last month. i did get the pick your perk beverage package then. can i contact Celebrity and get the 331.00 credited to my account also as i am before final payment. Need advise as I have never done price drops before. i want to know the ins and outs before I contact them.

Am i going to be told that the new price is a promotional price and I am not able to get it? Will I have to give up my drink package? I want to call them tonight but I need to know the points before I call. Please help!

Am i going to be told that the new price is a promotional price and I am not able to get it? Will I have to give up my drink package? I want to call them tonight but I need to know the points before I call. Please help!

Call Celebrity or your TA (depending on who you booked with) and ask.

Based on recent personal experience, I think your chances of keeping your perks and getting the lower fare are slim...but every situation is different. Don't get your hopes up but who knows.

The only advice I'd give is if they say you're not eligible ask them why...don't just accept no. After the call, if you think they've done you wrong...come back to CC and tell us what happened.

You might want to read through this thread as well:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2037105

Edited by ghstudio

Call Celebrity or your TA (depending on who you booked with) and ask.

Based on recent personal experience, I think your chances of keeping your perks and getting the lower fare are slim...but every situation is different. Don't get your hopes up but who knows.

The only advice I'd give is if they say you're not eligible ask them why...don't just accept no. After the call, if you think they've done you wrong...come back to CC and tell us what happened.

You might want to read through this thread as well:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2037105

Thanks. I am planning to call this evening and I will let you know their response. I do not see anything that says new bookings only but when I go to the booking page for a mock booking it lists the original price then a discount to give you the reduced price.

Thanks. I am planning to call this evening and I will let you know their response. I do not see anything that says new bookings only but when I go to the booking page for a mock booking it lists the original price then a discount to give you the reduced price.

You might have to be politely persistent. When I called about the price drop (are we on the same cruise?), at first he said it was for new bookings only. I told him I couldn't see that on the web page and after putting me on hold for a fairly long time, he game me the price drop and I kept my free gratuities. Be polite, but question anything that doesn't sound right.

Also, if they do tell you that taking that particular price drop does not apply, or would result in you losing your beverage package, ask very politely if there are ANY other price drops available that would let you keep your perk.

Would you also be interested in seeing if there are any upgrades available that let you keep your perks, but don't get you money back- if so be sure and ask if you don't get the price drop you want.

Theresa

Have not done this with Celebrity recently, last cruised 2 years ago on X, next X cruise in October of this year.

But have requested price drops with many lines (Princess, Celebrity, HAL, Cunard and NCL) we cruise 2 times yearly. Find price drops work best when you are booked directly with the line vs a TA... then you manage your own booking. Request it, money in hand is generally better than perks, often they don't drop the perks even if they say they may.

Good luck.

Have not done this with Celebrity recently, last cruised 2 years ago on X, next X cruise in October of this year.

But have requested price drops with many lines (Princess, Celebrity, HAL, Cunard and NCL) we cruise 2 times yearly. Find price drops work best when you are booked directly with the line vs a TA... then you manage your own booking. Request it, money in hand is generally better than perks, often they don't drop the perks even if they say they may.

Good luck.

This is not true with Celebrity. When price drops are part of a new promotion, you lose other promotion benefits to switch to the new price (ie. Lose perks). Also, booking directly with Celebrity is great, if you are fine with waiting on hold 40+ minutes (80 minutes last week for me) to talk to someone. After that happened to me for the third time, I transfered my booking to a TA and , "you deal with them" and he laughed.

OP - when you do a mock booking, does it say "Sailing Rate"? If so, that is the new Take 2 promotion. I've already been all over this one myself, hence my knowledge of what it says....

Call them and then let us know!

Edited by Classynfun1

You might have to be politely persistent. When I called about the price drop (are we on the same cruise?), at first he said it was for new bookings only. I told him I couldn't see that on the web page and after putting me on hold for a fairly long time, he game me the price drop and I kept my free gratuities. Be polite, but question anything that doesn't sound right.

Thanks. I was going to call last night but got busy. Its on my agenda tonight. Any other feedback or advise is welcomed.

Okay I have not called yet but here are the numbers. I booked CC1 at 1579 CAD pp., with the drink package.

The website now quotes 1293CAD as a sailing offer with a savings of 331CAD per room making the individual price 1293CAD pp. So if I ask for this will I loose the drink package? if so will I be able to take advantage of the Take 2 offer of 300.00 OBC or is that what the sailing offer is?

The other option is the without sailing offer price is now 1459CAD, a difference of 120pp. I should be able to at least get that price and keep my drink package I am thinking? Am I right?

HELP please!!!!

I can help...the Take 2 promo IS both the Sailing price discount or the Sailing OBC. Because it is another promo, they will tell you to pick one of the promos (either the Pick Your Perk drink package or the Take 2).

All that said, call anyway. You can get experience dealing with this and you can see what they say. When you call, also ask what the standard price for your cabin is (to see if there might be any applicable discount) and also ask about the cost of any upgrades you might be interested that "would allow me to keep the drink package."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh wait I see you posted the standard rate - yes, you should get that AND keep your package!! Hurry and call while it is still there. (And also ask about any upgrades if you are so inclined.)

Also - if you want our help, you can always tell us what sailing you are on and we can try and help that way too! :-)

Okay I have not called yet but here are the numbers. I booked CC1 at 1579 CAD pp., with the drink package.

The website now quotes 1293CAD as a sailing offer with a savings of 331CAD per room making the individual price 1293CAD pp. So if I ask for this will I loose the drink package? if so will I be able to take advantage of the Take 2 offer of 300.00 OBC or is that what the sailing offer is?

The other option is the without sailing offer price is now 1459CAD, a difference of 120pp. I should be able to at least get that price and keep my drink package I am thinking? Am I right?

HELP please!!!!

yes to the $120 saving..if the standard price went down, you should be able to get your price reduced and keep all the same perks from Celebrity...that doesn't mean you will keep all the same perks from your TA though as their perk offers are often based on the $'s you actually pay.

As far as the "special price" deal....consider that a new booking and you get what you get based on what's offered today. Your previous perks have no relevance.....and you have to be sure that they will allow you to make a new booking if you are cancelling another booking at the same time. What is defined as a new booking....one of the mysteries of working with Celebrity. (if you are using a special price, it's very unlikely that you can take advantage of the captain's club upgrade offer, but that doesn't apply to you since you are booking a C1 and that offer doesn't apply (you can't upgrade from C2 to C1 at the C2 price).

(of course, I could easily be wrong...it seems that no one really understands all the options)

Edited by ghstudio

Oh wait I see you posted the standard rate - yes, you should get that AND keep your package!! Hurry and call while it is still there. (And also ask about any upgrades if you are so inclined.)

Also - if you want our help, you can always tell us what sailing you are on and we can try and help that way too! :-)

Thanks. we are on the August 24 sailing to Bermuda on the Summit

yes to the $120 saving..if the standard price went down, you should be able to get your price reduced and keep all the same perks from Celebrity...that doesn't mean you will keep all the same perks from your TA though as their perk offers are often based on the $'s you actually pay.

As far as the "special price" deal....consider that a new booking and you get what you get based on what's offered today. Your previous perks have no relevance.....and you have to be sure that they will allow you to make a new booking if you are cancelling another booking at the same time. What is defined as a new booking....one of the mysteries of working with Celebrity. (if you are using a special price, it's very unlikely that you can take advantage of the captain's club upgrade offer, but that doesn't apply to you since you are booking a C1 and that offer doesn't apply (you can't upgrade from C2 to C1 at the C2 price).

(of course, I could easily be wrong...it seems that no one really understands all the options)

I booked directly through Celebrity not a TA.

If I do a new booking I will loose the drink package I assume. So it seems to me that if I want to keep the drink package I should go for the 120pp difference. I assume I cannot get the 331CAD discount as well, since it is a new perk. Doing that I assume I would loose my drink package?

This is all very informative and interesting but lots seem to depend on getting to talk to the right agent. I just benefitted when an agent agreed to let me get a price break on a previously booked cabin AND keep my OBC which I had fully expected to lose.