Rainy Weather?

cruise_gal21

So, the forecast for our cruise next week is calling for 50%-80% Thunderstorms for both of our ports of call, Freeport and Nassau. The average rainfall for the month of May is very little, around 4in. from what I've read, so here's my question... Is this going to end up being an all day thunderstorm event like in the Southern US, or will it be one or two passing showers and then become sunny? Thanks in advance for those who have any experience/info.

My experience is that weather forecasts a week out are completely useless. Check back again 2 days before your trip. :)

I think May is the best time of year for the Bahamas and the Caribbean. The cold fronts should be over and rainy season hasn't started yet. If it does rain, it would probably be a brief afternoon shower.

Thanks for the info CruisinCrow. I'm hoping the forecast changes for the better, or it's just passing showers. We have friends coming with us and it's their first cruise. Don't want the weather keeping us on the ship in port if possible lol.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Forums mobile app