Last Minute Cruise

We are looking at booking the Allure for June 8th. Or the Freedom of the Seas.

Opinions?

Also, what is a good time for a flight on the return home? Would 3:30 p.m. work for Miami and the Allure?

Should we fly in a day early?

I'll just comment on flights since I know more about flying than cruising. Flying out at 3:30pm is plenty late. Flying in a day ahead is always better in my book. But flying on the day of the cruise is what a lot of people do (but I wouldn't. It's my opinion that if I don't have time or money to fly in the day before, I don't have time or money for that trip, and will look elsewhere). You don't say where you're flying from, though, so that makes a difference.

Edited by Zach1213

We are flying from Indianapolis.

If you get an early flight nonstop (not direct...nonstop), you can make it that day. Like I said, a lot of people do it. But I wouldn't. I like low stress situations...and starting my vacations a day earlier.

Typically, I don't even like driving to the port on the same day that the cruise leaves, let alone flying. This past October, I was spending a week in Las Vegas and my luggage was lost by the airline. It was bad enough having to shop for a new wardrobe while on vacation, but if I were flying in for a cruise, and it was leaving that same day, I would have been in a whole heap of trouble. (By the way, my luggage was never found and it took almost two months to get a settlement from the airline.) Your 3pm departure flight after your cruise is fine, but I would never recommend flying in on the same day that your cruise leaves. Even with a non-stop, direct flight, I still wouldn't do it. I know plenty of people do it and don't have any issues, but it only takes one delay or a lost suitcase to ruin your whole vacation...I'm cruising to Bermuda this Friday, and even though I'm only a 6 hour drive from the port, I'm still leaving the day before just in case....

If you want to make the trip an adventure , Amtrak has a station in Ft Lauderdale. if you can get a train from where you live, chances are it will be more expensive than plane, it is a short taxi ride to pier. i have done it from North Jersey and enjoyed it. Even took train to Nola.

We are looking at booking the Allure for June 8th. Or the Freedom of the Seas.

Opinions?

Also, what is a good time for a flight on the return home? Would 3:30 p.m. work for Miami and the Allure?

Should we fly in a day early?

I don't want to state the obvious, but you are aware that The Allure is from Ft Lauderdale and the Freedom is from Pt Canaveral (Orlando nearest).