Question re: extra key for 2nd cabin

Bibble

As it stands, DH is booked with my daughter in a double cabin, and I am booked with her friend (both are 11 years old).

I plan to have the girls keep all their stuff in one cabin, and DH & I will keep our stuff in the other. (they are not connecting). I will be sleeping on the girls' couch (yes, DH ends up with his own cabin - LOL!)

Will DH/I be able to get an extra room key for the cabin not assigned to us?

Meaning, if the girls are in the cabin with my name on it, I will need a key for DH's cabin. (I'm not worried about the girls needing an extra room key as either I will be with them, or if they need to run to cabin for something, they will be TOGETHER).

I know this can be done on Carnival.

Can someone tell me that they HAVE done this on MSC?

As it stands, DH is booked with my daughter in a double cabin, and I am booked with her friend (both are 11 years old).

I plan to have the girls keep all their stuff in one cabin, and DH & I will keep our stuff in the other. (they are not connecting). I will be sleeping on the girls' couch (yes, DH ends up with his own cabin - LOL!)

Will DH/I be able to get an extra room key for the cabin not assigned to us?

Meaning, if the girls are in the cabin with my name on it, I will need a key for DH's cabin. (I'm not worried about the girls needing an extra room key as either I will be with them, or if they need to run to cabin for something, they will be TOGETHER).

I know this can be done on Carnival.

Can someone tell me that they HAVE done this on MSC?

Yes, every possible arrangement, even some quite surprising, can be done via the MSC Reception desk. They are true professionals and nothing, nothing, will surprise them. Two or more consenting adults can arrange any key arrangement they wish and MSC staff do not even bat an eyelash.

Obviously, I am only occasional witness to this, standing in the queue.

You will certainly will not have any issue.

Thank you both!

I commented on another thread - I'm just doing my best tomake sure I know about any differences on MSC versus past cruises I've taken.

Thank you!!