Celebrity Millenium in Alaska, 7 night cruise how many formal nights?

nutty nurse gladys

Really looking forward to our first trip to Alaska next month. Doing land tour first then 7 nights on Millennium...........roll on. Just wondered how many formal nights there will be on the 7 night cruise We have done many many cruises over the years and love to dress up for the formal nights with tux etc. However this time hubbie is thinking of just taking jacket and tie slightly less to pack when considering weight etc. would there be just one formal night or maybe two?

thanks.

Really looking forward to our first trip to Alaska next month. Doing land tour first then 7 nights on Millennium...........roll on. Just wondered how many formal nights there will be on the 7 night cruise We have done many many cruises over the years and love to dress up for the formal nights with tux etc. However this time hubbie is thinking of just taking jacket and tie slightly less to pack when considering weight etc. would there be just one formal night or maybe two?

thanks.

You will have two formal nights.

Deleted my first post -

the previous poster is correct there is two, I missed it on the daily on my first glance back at them.

On Northbound Schedule:

Day 2 Inside Passage Day

Day 6: Skagway Port Day

Edited by tlcoke

thanks.

There will be 2 formal nights

If you are cruising southbound from Seward to Vancouver, the first will be the second night (Hubbard Glacier) and the second will be the next to last night.

It won't be the Inside Passage day because they don't schedule a formal night on the last night of the cruise.

Very few passengers wear tuxes on the Alaska cruises.

A couple of times we have even seen men seated at the captain's table on formal nights wearing sport coats.

Edited by varoo

thanks.

Hello, we are on the Millennium also next month and also doing land tour first. My plans are to bring one dress(like I would wear to church) for both nights. I may dress it up different the 2nd night with a scarf. Thinking of ways to keep the weight down packing for 12 days. What days is your cruise? Ours leaves Seward June 13th. This is our first time to Alaska also. Getting excited!

thank you all so much for your helpful replies.

we are leaving the UK on 20th June for the landtour with our cruise from Seaward on 27th so we have a little longer to wait than you Shaelyn. Like you we are getting very very exited. Have fun and enjoy.