Are the Drink Packages available on cruises under 7 days?

Zubsin

Are the Drink Packages available on cruises under 7 days? And I'm seeing contradictions - some say everyone in the cabin has to buy the package and some say no.... hmmm

Are the Drink Packages available on cruises under 7 days? And I'm seeing contradictions - some say everyone in the cabin has to buy the package and some say no.... hmmm

Yes they are available on shorter cruises, no, not everyone has to buy the package.

Have you joined our rollcall? We're a small but fun group!

Nine more days!

Lisa

I think it depends on what you're looking at. I asked a Princess rep if I could buy the pre-selected wine package for our 7 day cruise & was told I could not. DW & I enjoy wine with our meals and by my calculations picking up 7 bottles would save me a few bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So for "fun" I called PCL 3 times - 1 agent said the AI drink package was NOT available on cruises less than 7 days... 2 agents said yes.

For it to be an accurate poll you must call a minimum of 6 times over a 2 day period.

Wow, I'm really hoping the package is available for my upcoming 3 day coastal cruise on the Star Princess. We are going with friends and without kids so this would be a good deal for us.

For it to be an accurate poll you must call a minimum of 6 times over a 2 day period.

Must make it an odd number of calls to avoid ties.

However, too many calls could drive you to drink.

Wow, I'm really hoping the package is available for my upcoming 3 day coastal cruise on the Star Princess. We are going with friends and without kids so this would be a good deal for us.

If it is a 3 day cruise, that means only 2 nights and your first and last day are less than 12 hours technically. So, you will have to pay $49 x 3 but two days are short......so drink lots of sailaway drinks and then tons of bloody marys and mimosas the morning of debarkation!:eek: (and even with kids it may be a good deal, unless they think you are saints)

Edited by BrandiGreg

If it is a 3 day cruise, that means only 2 nights and your first and last day are less than 12 hours technically. So, you will have to pay $49 x 3 but two days are short......so drink lots of sailaway drinks and then tons of bloody marys and mimosas the morning of debarkation!:eek: (and even with kids it may be a good deal, unless they think you are saints)

A three day cruise means three nights. The last morning is really on the fourth day (but that three day drink card will still be good that morning).

Well, it's almost 3 full days, embarking at 11:30am and debarking at around 8:30am. I don't drink between 8:30 - 11:30am so I'll give those hours to Princess!!

Hello all. I'm just off the Star 3-day coastal cruise from Vancouver to San Francisco. The AI drink package was available and my wife and I took advantage of it. For us, it was a great investment and we came out way ahead. The only thing I think was weird is they still made you sign the receipt slip, even though it was for $0. We were with friends and it was easy to go to the bar with everyone's room keys and use those to get a round while everyone else stayed at a table.

I'm pretty sure it must be an odd number of calls...I was calling from work so I could only sneak 3 calls in .... and yes it would drive me to drink....I think I will....;)

My kids (adult kids) just bought the drink package on the Star as well and said it was a good decision for them. The drinks were weak.

Because there was no Captain's Elite party, all of the Elite passengers received a free drink ticket. I used mine for an Absolute Vodka Martini, straight up with olives and no vermouth. There is no way they can make that weak. I believe that was the first cocktail I have ever had on a cruise.