Penthouse... What is the minimum deposit?

jfried8

It's a 7 day cruise on the Gem... Is the deposit still $250? It looks like it's more for Haven suites? Anyone know?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

We booked an aft penthouse (not in the Haven) on the Jewel in August 2013 for our April 2014 cruise and the deposit was $500.00.

It's a 7 day cruise on the Gem... Is the deposit still $250? It looks like it's more for Haven suites? Anyone know?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

I had originally booked an SF on the Pearl and it was a $200 deposit for the 2 of us. I changed to the breakaway and it is $250 for my haven suite. This was within the last few weeks.

If you do a mock booking on NCL's site and then click on the details button it will tell you what the required deposit is.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I think it depends on who you speak to

I know it sounds ridiculous

Last year I booked the Haven I had to put down $1500. Friends also booked Haven they only put down $250 for both of them

This year booked same cabin and I had to put down $410.31. Friends booked their same cabin only had to put down $250 for the both of them. So you never know.

BTW not sure how they came up with $410.31

Cheers!

I have an aft-facing penthouse suite (not Haven) booked on the Jade next month, and I see on my initial confirmation that the regular deposit for that suite on a 7-days cruise was $500. But I had a Cruise Reward purchased on board on one of my previous cruises (paid $150 for it, value $250) and I was able to use that one as a full deposit when I booked.

Edited by TrumpyNor

We're presently booked in the Haven on the Breakaway sailing May 11th...:D(4 days to go) and had to put a deposit of $1750 down. Basically translates to 25% of the cruise price!! Did I get screwed?? :confused:

Haven deposit is more. Do you have 3 in your haven suite? If so, your deposit is correct. (Higher haven suites may be $1750 for 2 - that I don't know)

We're presently booked in the Haven on the Breakaway sailing May 11th...:D(4 days to go) and had to put a deposit of $1750 down. Basically translates to 25% of the cruise price!! Did I get screwed?? :confused:

The total you have paid for your cruise is still the same any way, and I know that deposit on some of the Haven suites is quite high. So no - you didn't get screwed....

Enjoy your upcoming cruise! :)

Haven deposit is more. Do you have 3 in your haven suite? If so, your deposit is correct. (Higher haven suites may be $1750 for 2 - that I don't know)

Makes sense!! We are 3 in our suite!! I always thought the deposit was per cabin and not per person. Thanks for the clarification!! :D

The total you have paid for your cruise is still the same any way, and I know that deposit on some of the Haven suites is quite high. So no - you didn't get screwed....

Enjoy your upcoming cruise! :)

Thank you and I agree..however it would've been nice to have that money in my bank account a little longer to accumulate the 1.25% that the banks so generously offer these days!! LOL!! Just kidding! :D