Dawn or Breakaway?

jfried8

Which would you do? We are currently booked in an aft balcony deck 9 on Breakaway to Bermuda in August. For the exact same price we can get a Penthouse suite on the Dawn out of Boston, a quick 3 hour ride from us in NJ. Would you prefer the new ship or the suite life?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Dawn. Hands down. Do not pass go do not collect $200. All day every day.

I'm pretty much in this category as well.

If I had to repeat my Breakaway sailing or my Dawn sailing (taken a few months apart), I'd quickly, and easily, sign up for a revisit on Dawn.

The absolute best parts of Breakaway were my fellow passengers and beautiful Bermuda, but so much of the rest of the week on the ship I'd choose to forget.

Never been on Breakaway and was on the Dawn in November. If it were a different ship like the Pearl, I would so go for it. But bc I did not care for the Dawn, I say Breakaway! I understand that most people try to get the bang for their buck..But it's not always about the type of cabin you're staying in. The Dawn was by far my least favorite out of the Sky and Pearl. JMO. I see that a lot of people cared for her though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Dawn 9/13 for Bermuda (aft balcony), absolutely loved the ship and size. We did the BA (angle aft balcony) Bahamas run in December.

We had a great group in December but the itinerary was ho-hum. BA has a lot to offer, lots of entertainment, hustle and bustle.

Be aware that the Dawn gets to Bermuda on Sunday and a lot of things are closed.

I don't think there is a wrong choice. Me, I would go for the price & amenities, not necessarily the ship.

Which would you do? We are currently booked in an aft balcony deck 9 on Breakaway to Bermuda in August. For the exact same price we can get a Penthouse suite on the Dawn out of Boston, a quick 3 hour ride from us in NJ. Would you prefer the new ship or the suite life?

If you can get an aft penthouse on Dawn , Don't Book deck 8 .

Edited by biker@sea

We made this decision recently with regard to our upcoming Dawn cruise in June. Despite living on Long Island, we decided on the Dawn Garden Villa, for just about the same amount that two of the lowest level suite on Breakaway would have cost us. We enjoyed the Breakaway for a weekend cruise this winter, but found it extremely crowded (we had nice weather, so many people were outside despite the fact that it was winter) and didn't feel that there was actually *that* much more to do in comparison to other ships. The one exception is if you or your travel companions are really into ropes courses or mega water slides.

We absolutely adore NCL's suite life, so if switching to Dawn makes that possible for you, I would absolutely go for it.

With regards to Gem, I would do her if it were one of the longer itineraries (we did her 9-day, and I also hear wonderful things about her 12 day), but I would NOT do the Bahamas run. Bermuda will improve the quality of your cruise a million fold over that Bahamas itinerary on any ship.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Dawn. Hands down. Do not pass go do not collect $200. All day every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, was not expecting that. What's the reason?

For me the smaller ship wins. There's just not enough outdoor space on the Breakaway (IMO only of course) for me to cruise her. Much less pay a premium for the honor. I sailed on the Star to Bermuda in 2013 and I found the ship a decent size with plenty to do. I can't imagine the Dawn would be that much different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were booked on the Breakaway but had to cancel due to illness. We rebooked on the Dawn which we have been on. I had really looked forward to the BA but since Boston is easier for us we stayed with the Dawn. If I were in NJ or NY it would be easier to do BA or Gem (which we liked) but if I could get a suite for the same price or less, I'd travel for it. If you do Bahamas, it is a pretty boring itinerary but you can always find something to do whether you stay onboard or get off. The suite life is pretty "sweet" though. We had a Courtyard Villa (Haven) on the Gem and will have an SJ (family suite) on the Dawn for a first, next month. I think I confused myself, hope you understand what I tried to say! :D

We did the haven spa suite on the breakaway to Bermuda our if NYC - just brilliant. The spa suites give haven, concierge and butler access and are half the price of the haven itself

Wow, I didn't know that! What does it not include?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I have been on the Dawn & the Star the are sister ships withthe same layout and the same restaurants. I have not been on the Breakaway, but i would deffinatly pick the Suite on the Dawn. I love the Suites on the Dawn & the Star. Have a great time ;) . Once you have done the Suite life on NCL it is hard to book any other kind of cabin.