Jeans

nmlmom

I have worn jeans on an Alaskan cruise in early June for tours especially glacier landings. I also boarded a ship in Tampa wearing jeans. We were cruising in mid-November and Florida had cold snap. I wore the jeans on our flight down from cold Chicago to visit our son and family in Ft. Myers pre-cruise with a long sleeved top and spring jacket. (Less bulk than our heavy winter coats). It was extremely hot when we arrived, that evening the rain came and the temp in Florida plummeted. My jeans were the only pair of long pants that I brought so I had to wear them boarding. In fact I wore them the next day in Key West because it was too cold for my shorts and lightweight capris (we actually didn't get warm weather until we reached Mexcio). Before this starts a war, I only wore them during the day.

Now I definitely over pack with warmer clothes even though temp should be warm according to averages.

My last cruise was in early March. I wore black jeans and a sweater the day we embarked and a sweater and tan jeans the day we disembarked. If I had a different top I would have worn them to dance on Western night too. Even if the cruise is to the Caribbean it can be cold until the ship reaches warm water in the fall, winter or spring if there is a cold snap.

As far as the too hot issue it depends on what you are used to. For instance at an outside event I attended it was 97 yesterday and all the men and about 1/2 of the women had jeans on. The rest of the women wore capris.

Jeans are not forbidden in the dining room on casual nights on every cruiseline, so please check out the dress suggestions of the cruiselines before you pack. You can make some elegant and appropriate evening outfits with a pair of nice jeans for the dining room, as well as for the bars and lounges.

During the day most people will be wearing resort casual, which is usually more lightweight and summery than jeans, though people may wear denim skirts, shorts or capris. However, at night, you will probably see plenty of jeans, dressed up and dressed down, so go ahead and include your favorite pairs in your suitcase!

Jeans are not forbidden in the dining room on casual nights on every cruiseline, so please check out the dress suggestions of the cruiselines before you pack. You can make some elegant and appropriate evening outfits with a pair of nice jeans for the dining room, as well as for the bars and lounges.

Just to clarify - on Celebrity jeans are never permitted in the dining room, regardless of casual, formal or informal night. You can wear jeans in the more casual buffet dining, but not the diningroom.

Just to clarify - on Celebrity jeans are never permitted in the dining room, regardless of casual, formal or informal night. You can wear jeans in the more casual buffet dining, but not the diningroom.

However on NCL - out of Houston and RCI you may wear jeans if you chose on casual night and be dressed according to the cruise ship's guidelines.

on NCL Crown, depending on who is at the enterance to the dining room, denim skirts and jackets are both considered jeans, and not permitted. People were asked to go change and told "blue jeans are blue jeans." I saw this happen to several people on a couple of nights, however, some people wore denim skirts with no problem on other nights.

on NCL Crown, depending on who is at the enterance to the dining room, denim skirts and jackets are both considered jeans, and not permitted. People were asked to go change and told "blue jeans are blue jeans." I saw this happen to several people on a couple of nights, however, some people wore denim skirts with no problem on other nights.

For clarification here is NCL's policy with exceptions:

FROM NCL'S WEBSITE-

Dress Code in Dining Rooms

Freestyle Cruising gives our guests the freedom to dress as they please. Resort casual attire is always appropriate morning, noon and night. However, NCL/ NCLA does not allow any blue jeans, t-shirts, shorts, cut-offs, tank tops, bare feet, etc. in any of our fine dining restaurants for dinner, including all main restaurants, alternative restaurants, and cover charge venues.

Guests are allowed to wear blue jeans, shorts and t-shirts, in the evenings at the buffets, outdoor barbeques, and 24-hour venues, such as the Blue Lagoon, the Cadillac diner, etc.

Below are a few exceptions to the dining room dress code:

Blue Jeans will be allowed in all dining rooms on all Houston departures, due to the Texas culture.

Blue Jeans will be allowed in the Trattoria's in the evenings.

Bermuda shorts with knee high socks, or Scottish kilts with knee highs will also be allowed in all dining rooms in Bermuda as these are considered formal dress in Bermuda.

Hawaiian shirts are allowed with proper slacks in all dining rooms.

Ladies Capri Pants, which are a length between the knee and ankles, are acceptable in all fine dining rooms as long as they are not blue jean capris.

by Keksie:

"Blue Jeans will be allowed in all dining rooms on all Houston departures, due to the Texas culture."

I saw this and thought you were kidding, but I went to the NCL website and saw it myself. I wonder if they do this for cruises departing from Arizona too. ??:D

I guess the cowboy's tux, with the black jeans that I mentioned in my "something to ponder" thread, would work just fine on an NCL out of Galveston.

I know so many people who have never done a cruise because they don't want to dress up for dinner. (Not me I love dressing up). So I think NCL has found a niche in appealing to them, but I hope that some lines like Celebrity continue the dress codes for those of us who like to get dressed up.

I saw this and thought you were kidding, but I went to the NCL website and saw it myself. I wonder if they do this for cruises departing from Arizona too. ??:D

I really hope you're kidding since you are from AZ and it's a LANDLOCKED state. :rolleyes: :p

Iszu - I agree with you! At least regarding Carnival's printed policy, don't know what RCI's is. If they would just be SPECIFIC there wouldn't be any confusion and there'd be a lot less threads where people get down right nasty to each other over the issue.

Havn't you hear the song:

"I got some Ocean Front property in Arizona, From my front porch you can see the sea, I got some Ocean front property in Arizona, if you'll buy that I throw the gate in free."

I can't figure out why I haven't found any cruises departing from Arizona yet!!!:D

Maybe if the monsoon rains keep up we'll have some Cruise on the Rillito River in Tucson.

"I got some Ocean Front property in Arizona, From my front porch you can see the sea, I got some Ocean front property in Arizona, if you'll buy that I throw the gate in free."

I can't figure out why I haven't found any cruises departing from Arizona yet!!!:D

Maybe if the monsoon rains keep up we'll have some Cruise on the Rillito River in Tucson.

Heh... :p

Or maybe when California falls off!! :D

Archived