Finding Price Changes

chrismch

I often see price changes mentioned on this board, but it seems each time lately that I've booked a cruise about 4 months out my TA and HAL only show "call for availability and pricing" so I can't tell if there's been any changes. It's my assumption that means the cruise if reaching capacity. Am I correct? Are there any other ways to find rates? I've also checked other major name online sites.

Since my upcoming cruise is a land tour & sea cruise to Alaska, even early on it was hard checking prices.

I have noticed the same thing that you have mentioned. And it is only for the cruise package that I have booked. All other prices are listed on line but my particular trip states that I need to call to get prices. I am guessing that the site recognizes my computer and has blocked the information from me. Perhaps I will use a friend's computer to test my theory.

I have noticed the same thing that you have mentioned. And it is only for the cruise package that I have booked. All other prices are listed on line but my particular trip states that I need to call to get prices. I am guessing that the site recognizes my computer and has blocked the information from me. Perhaps I will use a friend's computer to test my theory.

Clean out your cookies, maybe that would help the site not to recognize your computer?

Try using your browser's private browsing mode. Just Google:

"[Your-Browser-Name] private browsing mode"

So, if you use Firefox, search for

Firefox private browsing mode

to find out how to use it for your situation.

Thanks so much. I will give it a try. I have no idea how to clean out cookies as was suggested earlier.

You won't have to if you use private browsing. It's a sandboxed browser session that doesn't use your saved cookies. It also means that your cookies are still available when you start browsing in normal mode again.

Hope that makes sense! :)

Edited by POA1

You won't have to if you use private browsing. It's a sandboxed browser session that doesn't use your saved cookies. It also means that your cookies are still available when you start browsing in normal mode again.

Hope that makes sense! :)

How do I use private browser in IE?

Is this possible on a Macbook Pro?

Yes. Do a Google search for Safari private browsing, or if you use a different browser, search the browser name + private browsing