Am I the only one who does not care chocolate melting cake?

guxu

WCMC is cool but Bitter and Blanc is one of the most delicious things I've ever put in my mouth. I love it. I would easily eat it every night if it was available. Probably two per night lol

As it stands, I politely request that the maitre'd have it made for me at least one other night during the week.

I have somehow missed it on every cruise. Do you remember what night it's served?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Forums mobile app

Before my first Carnival cruise, I did my research and found chocolate melting cake was a

must have.

On the board I had it and did not care for it. I ordered it again on a different cruise thought I

might miss something the first time. Well, it did not change much.

To me, chocolate melting cake is just another average dessert. I am not saying I hate it. But I

can go cruise without it.:o

Hi Guxu :)

I agree. To me the warm chocolate melting cake looks and

even tastes like something very cheap & nasty that a kid

cooked in a children's 'Easy Bake Oven'..

Having said that; my wife loves it & always orders it well done.

:)

Edited by PortSideCruzan

Hi Guxu :)

I agree. To me the warm chocolate melting cake looks and

even tastes like something very cheap & nasty that a kid

cooked in a children's 'Easy Bake Oven'..

Having said that; my wife loves it & always orders it well done.

:)

Not to be a smart alec, but isn't a well done WCMC just plain ole chocolate cake. The only time I had it, it just looked and tasted like they took it out of the oven before it was completely baked.

I agree with you. I tried it a couple different times and I just don't care for it and I LOVE chocolate. It is average and have had much better cake elsewhere. I love the desserts like the crème brulee or bitter & blanc.

When we first had it several years ago, we thought that it was an interesting and unique desert. However, it does appear that Carnival and many other restaurants, are overdoing it. It seems that Carnival now serves it every night and because of this we feel that the quality has suffered. It does seem at times, that the melting cake is all over the ship with many individuals ordering two or three and taking it back to their room. We prefer to see a large amount of variety, rather than one dish served everyday.

So I am not the only weirdo here. I am so relieved.:D Just want to add that I am a huge chocolate fan. But to me, the CMC does not taste like real chocolate.

I absolutely LOVE chocolate and normally can't find any that is too rich for me. The WCMC is too rich. I normally will just get it once on a cruise if nothing else appeals to me on the dessert menu. My DD and DH though love it.

Molten chocolate cake is one of my favorite cakes of all time. I just like it less rich than on Carnival.

I originally liked it, but then over the past 4 or 5 cruises, just stopped caring for it.

UNTIL, I read on here someone suggested having the waiter bring out peanut butter with it... Then put a scoop of peanut butter on it and let that melt in with the chocolate.

Its heaven.

Before my first Carnival cruise, I did my research and found chocolate melting cake was a must have. On the board I had it and did not care for it. I ordered it again on a different cruise thought I might miss something the first time. Well, it did not change much. To me, chocolate melting cake is just another average dessert. I am not saying I hate it. But I can go cruise without it.:o

The first time I had it (on our 2009 cruise) I like it, the second time it was ok...third..ok this is getting old

Now its just overdone. It is there every night and the quality had gone down hill.

It tastes kind of gross...and there is no consistency..its over cooked or under cooked...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app