**LIVE from STAR Princess** Noro No More!

remydiva

David, I will check for your phone.

Thank you George and/or Berni, for taking the time out of your voyage to check for me :). It is greatly appreciated!

Sue, we were in A507 & were moved to D312. I know it was Aloha starboard 500's & underneath, don't know exactly which cabins

Thanks for the info.

I hope you can help David get his phone. It's nice of you to try.

Sue

Do you happen to know the rooms that were affected? I will be midship in a portside Baja balcony. Thanks!

Sue

I don't know the exact cabins, but it was Deck 12, midship, starboard.

Sue, we were in A507 & were moved to D312. I know it was Aloha starboard 500's & underneath, don't know exactly which cabins

We're part of a large group that will be on the June 3'rd cruise. As luck would have it, A507 is my dad's cabin and the rest of us are on Aloha, Starboard, in the high 400's.:eek: I hope the problem is fixed by then. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be left at the pier.

FYI people, I know this is a big ship, but it's still a marine toilet! Let's all make a pact not to "blow-up" the toilets. :p And wash our hands.:D

My friend who is on the Star now and is Ketchikan today called me. Twelve rooms room were flooded due to the water pipe breaking on the last night of the previous cruise. She said there are no problems with Noro on this May 12 cruise.

We're part of a large group that will be on the June 3'rd cruise. As luck would have it, A507 is my dad's cabin and the rest of us are on Aloha, Starboard, in the high 400's.:eek: I hope the problem is fixed by then. I can't even imagine what it would be like to be left at the pier.

FYI people, I know this is a big ship, but it's still a marine toilet! Let's all make a pact not to "blow-up" the toilets. :p And wash our hands.:D

Prob fixed, they moved us back into our original room A507. The whole hallway is recarpeted, and rooms r being fixed up. Our room is clean, new, and no water or moldy smell at all. We also got $150 OBC for the inconvenience. Happy camper:-)

After flying in from PA, I will NOT be left at the pier.

I promise not to put anything down the toliet that shouldn't go there and I will wash my hands often and long.

See you onboard!

Sue

Prob fixed, they moved us back into our original room A507. The whole hallway is recarpeted, and rooms r being fixed up. Our room is clean, new, and no water or moldy smell at all. We also got $150 OBC for the inconvenience. Happy camper:-)

Great news! Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Did you locate David's phone yet? It would be nice to have a happy ending for him.

Sue

I only know what the Passenger Services Mgr told my husband and I at the M&G - that some people did not sail.

David, I went to Pursers desk and asked about your phone. They would not give me any info at all. They said you have to call the 1-800 Princess phone number and they will contact the ship which is currently docked in Ketchikan. If they will release it to me, I will mail it back to you. Or they may send it directly to you. Good luck either way!

Beautiful sunny day in Ketchikan today.

From what I understand, no one was left at the pier. They were able to divvy up the folks affected into other cabins...

Party Barbie who is on our cruise, told us we might be let at the pier for our cruise. I already know I will be on unless they physically remove me. LOL

Sue

Party Barbie who is on our cruise, told us we might be let at the pier for our cruise. I already know I will be on unless they physically remove me. LOL

Sue

Hey, I'm just repeating what LewesBeach posted.;)

I only know what the Passenger Services Mgr told my husband and I at the M&G - that some people did not sail.

BTW, thanks for the update LewesBeach. I didn't say anything to my dad, so we shall see if he notices the new carpet, lol.:D

Sorry I haven't posted on the roll call. Perhaps we will run into each on the ship. I'm sure we will all have a fabulous cruise.:D

David, I went to Pursers desk and asked about your phone. They would not give me any info at all. They said you have to call the 1-800 Princess phone number and they will contact the ship which is currently docked in Ketchikan. If they will release it to me, I will mail it back to you. Or they may send it directly to you. Good luck either way!

Hello Bernie. Thank you for asking about my phone. I am unclear about what you are saying though. Are you saying that a phone has been turned in, or that they would not confirm even that with you? I know Princess's policy about calling the 800 number and about lost and found items being shipped back to Miami at the end of a cruise. They probably would not give you any info, since it is not your phone to identify. If you could, let me know if that is the case.

If a phone has been turned in, I will get in touch with them to identify that it is mine. I am doing another Bon Voyage Experience, when the ship gets back to San Francisco, on May 23. I will go directly to the Purser to identify, and retrieve it (assuming that one has been turned in).

I am not looking for you to pick it up for me, as I will do that personally.

I can attest that at least one couple was denied boarding in San Francisco. I was at the pier desk when they were. It was an older Chinese couple who had driven up from Los Angeles, and arrived at the dock at 4:05, well past check-in and departure time :eek:. David

I gather the issue with the announcement chimes going off randomly (and scaring the cr*p out of people at night) has stopped? Was there ever an explanation?

BTW, on the Vancouver to SF cruise, we were in D525 and had no hot water the first night. They fixed it the next day.

From what I understand, there were folks left at the dock because of immigration issues... not because of the water main break. Those were the cabins that were freed up so that they could move people around.

Hello Bernie. Thank you for asking about my phone. I am unclear about what you are saying though. Are you saying that a phone has been turned in, or that they would not confirm even that with you? I know Princess's policy about calling the 800 number and about lost and found items being shipped back to Miami at the end of a cruise. They probably would not give you any info, since it is not your phone to identify. If you could, let me know if that is the case.

If a phone has been turned in, I will get in touch with them to identify that it is mine. I am doing another Bon Voyage Experience, when the ship gets back to San Francisco, on May 23. I will go directly to the Purser to identify, and retrieve it (assuming that one has been turned in).

I am not looking for you to pick it up for me, as I will do that personally.

They would neither confirm nor deny whether a phone had ever been turned in. They wouldn't give me any info at all unless I described the kind of phone I was looking for. That's why they wanted u to call. Sorry I couldn't help.

They would neither confirm nor deny whether a phone had ever been turned in. They wouldn't give me any info at all unless I described the kind of phone I was looking for. That's why they wanted u to call. Sorry I couldn't help.

YOU have been a help :), and I appreciate it! Their systems are put in place for protection, which I can appreciate. I am trying all avenues to retrieve my phone, yet not revealing what it looks like ;). Thank you again for checking, David