Transferring booking to travel agent

cinogirl

Not sure about Australia rules(or NZ) for TAs.But in US we often get extra discounts,OBCs ,tips paid,cash back,etc.Depends on which one.

Also, they can take care of any probls.,become your advocate.

I ve done it both ways and since it costs nothing and I get back things,always use TA now.

For instance,I too took a RCL cruise and had MANY cabin probs.My TA helped me get a credit for future cruise,and percentage refund.

No downside that I can see.

I'd say the only reason is perks. I know in the US you have to move the booking within a certain amount of time from when you booked. My TA offers Pre Paid Gratuities, along with the knowledge that if anything goes wrong, she handles it.

I've booked direct with Royal Caribbean but haven't paid in full yet. Are there any advantages (or disadvantages) to transferring my booking to a travel agent?

I can only address this with regards to US bookings. But, if you wish to transfer a direct booking to a TA with RCI you must do so within 60 days of the original booking date, regardless of final payment date.

To us the advantage of using a TA is having someone experienced in cruises and in dealing with RCI to handle the details of the booking on our behalf. She watches for and applies price drops automatically, takes care of our dining preferences, handles any stateroom changes we might make, takes care of our check in, and processing of boarding docs and luggage tags, and deals directly with RCI on our behalf should there be any issues.

She also does not charge any separate fees other than those assessed by RCI for anything related to initiating, modifying, or cancelling a given booking - all of which we do from time to time.

Edited by leaveitallbehind