Just not sure

bigbenboys

Well, I'm back looking at another Azamara Cruise. We are looking at Aug 2015.

For the cost of theAzamara 12 day cruise I looked at Crystal and Regent. Both seems nice. But the dress code was a little to much for me. I like my cruise to be more of a vacation.

I find it very strange that Azamara does not have Sparkling wine or a Champagne. Their quote "inclusive amenities now feature select standard spirits, international beers and a changing daily selection of red and white wines by the glass throughout your voyage." I did see that Regent has Champagne included.

Does Azamara still have a evening happy hour for there LE CLUB VOYAGE DISCOVERER or above each evening?

Thanks, Richard

For the cost of theAzamara 12 day cruise I looked at Crystal and Regent. Both seems nice. But the dress code was a little to much for me. I like my cruise to be more of a vacation.

I find it very strange that Azamara does not have Sparkling wine or a Champagne. Their quote "inclusive amenities now feature select standard spirits, international beers and a changing daily selection of red and white wines by the glass throughout your voyage." I did see that Regent has Champagne included.

Does Azamara still have a evening happy hour for there LE CLUB VOYAGE DISCOVERER or above each evening?

Thanks, Richard

I don't remember a happy hour for Le Club Voyage members ever. I think this is something that Celebrity does. But since there is a list of "included" cocktails and drinks, there really doesn't seem to be a need for one. You can be happy at whatever hour you like.;)

Edited by tgg

I don't remember a happy hour for Le Club Voyage members ever. I think this is something that Celebrity does. But since there is a list of "included" cocktails and drinks, there really doesn't seem to be a need for one. You can be happy at whatever hour you like.;)

there was one. it was either hlaf price drinks or some nights included but watered down. once they addedin the included drinks there was no need. most vodka based drinks i pay extra per drink for better vodka.. if not itoss them back like water. noy sure what brands are included with Regent but if yuo get the cheese tray at dinner it includes port. .Azamara you pay for port. Regent has no formal nights but people dress better in general.

Regent's dress code is the same as Azamara's.

Whether passengers on one "dress better" than the other is a matter of opinion, I suppose, and, in any case, matters not at all to me.

Thanks, Richard

You always have the option of purchasing a wine package. http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/plan-your-voyage/onboard-packages/wine-packages Sparkling wine is one of the choices. Also, if you are at least at the Explorer level in Le Club Voyage (Select/Platinum on X and RCI) you will have a bottle of bubbly waiting for you in your cabin upon embarkation.

Regent's dress code is the same as Azamara's.

Whether passengers on one "dress better" than the other is a matter of opinion, I suppose, and, in any case, matters not at all to me.

I just checked the dress code on Regents again. "Attire ranges from Casual to Formal Optional. Casual wear is appropriate for daytime onboard or ashore, and consists of resort-style outfits. Casual wear, including shorts and jeans, is not appropriate after 6:00 pm, with the exception of the final evening of the cruise." The only time I did cruise with Azamara I thought I could wear shorts or jeans after 6PM.

As to the Sparkling wine. Yes we are all Elite or above so we would have 3 bottles of Sparkling wine for Jerry. But should he have to go back to his room to get a drink? Or pay more money for a wine package. All inclusive but!

Thanks for your thought. In the end we are booking Northern Europe cruise on Celebrity. We will book it on our cruise at the end of this month. We will have the 3 bottles of Sparkling wine in our rooms and the evening events most nights. Thanks, Richard

I just checked the dress code on Regents again. "Attire ranges from Casual to Formal Optional. Casual wear is appropriate for daytime onboard or ashore, and consists of resort-style outfits. Casual wear, including shorts and jeans, is not appropriate after 6:00 pm, with the exception of the final evening of the cruise." The only time I did cruise with Azamara I thought I could wear shorts or jeans afteM.r 6P

You can wear shorts or jeans after 6pm on Azamara but

In keeping with our friendly yet sophisticated onboard environment, we encourage guests to follow a “resort casual” dress code. Out of respect for others, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps, bathing suits, shorts and jeans are not allowed in the dining room or specialty restaurants. When dining at Windows Café, guests must wear footwear and a cover-up or shirt. Formal evening wear is not expected nor required in our restaurants. If you prefer to dress more formally, you are welcome to do so. Please note that tuxedo rentals are not available onboard

I just checked the dress code on Regents again. "Attire ranges from Casual to Formal Optional. Casual wear is appropriate for daytime onboard or ashore, and consists of resort-style outfits. Casual wear, including shorts and jeans, is not appropriate after 6:00 pm, with the exception of the final evening of the cruise." The only time I did cruise with Azamara I thought I could wear shorts or jeans after 6PM.

As to the Sparkling wine. Yes we are all Elite or above so we would have 3 bottles of Sparkling wine for Jerry. But should he have to go back to his room to get a drink? Or pay more money for a wine package. All inclusive but!

Thanks for your thought. In the end we are booking Northern Europe cruise on Celebrity. We will book it on our cruise at the end of this month. We will have the 3 bottles of Sparkling wine in our rooms and the evening events most nights. Thanks, Richard

This is the dress code for Regent dining rooms at dinner. You left out the last sentence that clarifies that.

Edited by marinaro44