Don't call NCL

Needed to ask a question about our OBC. Just spent over one hour on hold and then was disconnected. You have got to be kidding!!!! Tried to find an email address so that I could contact them but all that I could find was the same phone number that I had just called. Is there any other way to contact NCL?

I had an OBC problem several years ago. My attempt to resolve it over the 800# was a waste of time. I wrote a letter and sent it via snail mail and also sent an "inquiry" via the main web site form. After many weeks, I received a response from NCL and was assigned a complaint number and a guest relations rep. She did not have external email access and could only correspond via phone during EST business hours. It finally all got resolved, but wasn't easy. Hang in there and good luck.

Edited by herdingdogmom

Needed to ask a question about our OBC. Just spent over one hour on hold and then was disconnected. You have got to be kidding!!!! Tried to find an email address so that I could contact them but all that I could find was the same phone number that I had just called. Is there any other way to contact NCL?

Do you have a PCC (personal cruise consultant) at NCL? You have probably been assigned to one whether you know it or not...ask the next time you are able to actually get through to them on the phone and/or look at your eDocs to see if a name is listed.

Anyway, I call my PCC's direct extension and leave her a message (although sometimes I get her "live"). She gets back to me usually within an hour or two. And/or I can send her an email (to her personal account @ NCL.com) with the same result.

Buy the way, I am NOT a "suite" passenger. The above mentioned services are available to everyone.

This past Monday was our final payment date - we have 12 cabins w/ 25 fares. More than half of us reached our PCC throughout the day with no problem. A few paid online, but my niece whose family has two of the cabins tried to reach him via phone and email. She asked that he call her back so she could make payment- it was like he vanished off the face of the earth. She definitely had the correct # and the hours he could be reached; I also tried because I couldn't believe she was having so much trouble reaching him. In fact when I spoke with him when I made my payment, I told him she'd be calling him later and he said great. She left messages and waited until 8pm, but never heard back. Finally she just called the general # and made payment with another rep. Our PCC never called her back, not even the next day which I thought wasn't very professional. Even if he saw that she had paid, he still should've reached out to return her call.

Edited by VickiD59

I' m new to NCL and don't understand why not use a TA? This PCC stuff and direct customer service reps seems to be source of common complaints so if it is not working why not use a good TA and save all the aggravation. Let them wait on hold

My TA replies to my emails very fast.

A few days ago I was on hold for almost 40 minutes. A couple of days later I got right through (less than a minute). I guess you never know but I think the first one was on Sunday and the next was in the middle of the week. That might have something to do with it.

I' m new to NCL and don't understand why not use a TA?

I've never use a TA for anything that I could simply do myself. First cruise we went on we didn't know any better and used a local TA - very nice woman, but she didn't do anything extra special for us other than be the payment intermediary. Second cruise (identical to the first) we just booked direct with the cruiseline, and by obsessively watching for price drops etc., we accumulated quite a bit of OBC. Not a dime when using TA. For me it literally paid to be in control of my own reservations.