Age restriction at Dunn's River Falls

CanDMan47

I've done a board search and the closest answer was 3 years old, so I don't know if it is current information. I tried booking a Dunn's River Falls excursion through RC, but two of our 9 will be under 5, and the cruise website says they must be five. So I went straight to the park's website to see if that was their policy or the cruise lines. I found no answer. I then emailed the park to see if was their policy. That was a week ago, and no answer (and I checked my spam folder).

So, does anyone know if a 2 year old and a 6month old are permitted? Obviously they won't be climbing the falls, but will be with their grandmother, while the rest of our party experiences the climb. We would actually be better off (cheaper) to go on our own rather than with the excursion anyway. But I'd hate to get there and have three or four people wait outside for us. Should I look for alternate activities for us?

the restriction is the cuise line / excursion operator

DRF is a national park and children under 2 are free

Rates For Dunn's River Falls & Park

These are entrance rates for Dunn's River Falls & Park (effective April 1, 2009)

Non-Resident Adults - US$15

Non-Resident Children (2-11 years) - US$12

Resident Adults - J$600

Resident Children (2-11 years) - J$300

from http://www.dunnsriverja.com/rates.php

and from: http://www.dunnsriverja.com/more.php

A lot of children make the climb up the waterfalls. However, age seven is probably a reasonable minimum age, depending how sturdy your child may be.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know it was a national park. I did know the prices, but it doesn't necessarily mean 0-2 are free, it could mean not admitted. But being a NP, that helps clear it up some. Thanks again.

There is a pretty park, not just the falls to climb up. We walked down a little nature path. There was also a beach at the start of the falls, which I suppose you could hang out at (I didn't see long chairs or anything - but I wasn't looking either). Not knowing which port you are coming into makes it difficult to know which tour to take -private or cruise line - but we used Peat Taylor and were pleased with our experience. Lots of people recommend Liberty tours, but for two they were prohibitively expensive - for 9 I imagine they might save you money over the cruise line, and provide more flexibility.

I think the price is now $20 per adult.

I can't believe that someone tried to climb the falls with an infant! That's just nuts!

Edited by illiniwahoo
addtl info

I can't believe that someone tried to climb the falls with an infant! That's just nuts!

there are several places where you can go from the walkway to an intermediate pool along the path of the falls . . . including the one at the very top . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ