Couple of questions from a 1st time cruiser

We are taking our first cruise in about 6 weeks on a Royal Caribbean ship, and I have a few questions...

We're scheduling our "my time dining" and I was wondering what time the Broadway style show is and do they only have one showing a day?

Also could someone explain exactly what my time dining is? Is it necessary?

What other activities are available for the evening besides the show? (We are not into the lounge/bar atmosphere.)

Do they have blow dryers in the cabins? We are booked in a oceanview stateroom if that makes a difference.

When setting up the precruise planner what for room arrangements what does it mean together/both together?

Thanks everyone for your help!

Shannon

Guest maddycat
We are taking our first cruise in about 6 weeks on a Royal Caribbean ship, and I have a few questions...

We're scheduling our "my time dining" and I was wondering what time the Broadway style show is and do they only have one showing a day?

Also could someone explain exactly what my time dining is? Is it necessary? My time dining (MTD) is non-traditional dining. You choose what time you want to eat. You can make advance reservations or just show up when you want between 5:30 and 9pm. You can ask to be seated with others or just your party. You can get the same waitstaff every night if you choose.

What other activities are available for the evening besides the show? (We are not into the lounge/bar atmosphere.)Trivia, Quest, Love & Marriage are all passenger participation and are held at different times/nights on the RCI ships.

Do they have blow dryers in the cabins? We are booked in a oceanview stateroom if that makes a difference. All cabins have blow dryers.

When setting up the precruise planner what for room arrangements what does it mean together/both together? That refers to the bed. Put together it becomes a king size bed. Separate will give you two twin beds.

Shannon

Do start reading and posting on the cc RCI board. You'll find lots of good information.

Edited by maddycat

Usually 2 shows.

Also could someone explain exactly what my time dining is? Is it necessary?

You have either fixed (~ 6 pm or ~ 8pm) or "my time" when you can eat any time at a certain restaurant.

What other activities are available for the evening besides the show? (We are not into the lounge/bar atmosphere.)

Every night you will get a schedule of activities and hours of restaurants' openings for the next day, left in your cabin.

Do they have blow dryers in the cabins? We are booked in a oceanview stateroom if that makes a difference.

The blow dryer will be in the desk.

When setting up the precruise planner what for room arrangements what does it mean together/both together?

There are 2 beds, they can be 2 twin beds, or pushed together into one king size bed. If you don't like the way they are, ask the room attendant to change.

Shannon

Have a fun trip!