Just Booked AOS Aft #1688 - Any Info/Advice

This will be our fourth aft balcony, but our first corner aft. Wanted to take advantage of the 1/2 price companion fare and for $650/pp seemed like a deal we couldn't pass up.

As I mentioned, this will be our first corner aft (#1688). Does anyone have any photos, videos or experiences to pass on? I've been trying to get a corner aft for years, but we never book far enough in advance to get one. This one is booked for September 2015 and luckily that was far enough out. :rolleyes:

As well, this will be our first time on AOS. I have been on Explorer, but that was 10 years ago. How does AOS compare and how much has changed in the past 10 years on this class and AOS specifically?

We have a B2B on the Freedom booked for this September and it is aft as well, so our next three cruises will be in the back of the ship. We can't get enough of those of aft cabins! :p

Edited by lv2bcruzin

This room is amazing! So big. It's basically like a Junior Suite without the bathtub or walkin closet.

I've heard those corner rooms are amazing. Any issues with the pole? The first thing the wife said was that I was definitely going to run into it at least once. :p I figure the room is still big enough that we shouldn't be doing to much running into the pole. :p

Edited by lv2bcruzin

I've heard those corner rooms are amazing. Any issues with the pole? The first thing the wife said was that I was definitely going to run into it at least once. :p I figure the room is still big enough that we shouldn't be doing to much running into the pole. :p

Enjoy your room as we have in the past. Depending how much you drink, you may run into the pole.

I have the same room booked for Sept 19. I had the deck 9 corner booked, but after hearing all the positives I booked both deck 10 corner afts - 1388/1688. Enjoy the trip, let us know how it goes .......... and take care of our room!

We had 1388 on Adventure a few years ago! The pole was not a problem for us, in fact, I could not imagine running into it because it is right at the end of the bed and the room is so big that I would naturally walk further away from the bed if getting up in the middle of the night. Now, the balcony steel beams on the balcony are a different story. We bumped our heads on that a few times. Be very careful!

We had a cabin crawl and people were amazed at the size of the room and could not believe that we only paid balcony rates. The balcony on 7388 is at least twice as large as 1388 but you cannot look straight down to the ocean because of the roof of the staff area. 7388 cabin size is standard.

I can see if you were traveling with a big group that balcony would be perfect but for just DH and I, the bigger room and balcony of 1388 was wonderful! We have booked 1400 on Liberty which is the the same as 1388/1688 and we are so excited! This cruise has 5 sea days so you bet we will make good use of that balcony!

Lauri

We had 1688 a few years ago, the pole wasn't a problem but watch your head on the steel beams on the balcony. Wife is 5'4" and had no problem me at 6' had more than one run in with the beam OUCH!!!:o

The room is huge, JS size just no tub in the bathroom. We take some small battery operated candles to use as a nightlight and would recommend others do it too.