Travel Insurance

Totally agree with you Maxmia. Loading for over 80s is excessive and most policies contain a lot of nasty surprises. When I compared companies for our last cruise, a couple of then had a hefty loading - and then had a $1000 excess on ALL medical claims!! On top of all this, its impossible those over 75 to take out an annual travel insurance, so we are landed with excessive costs for each voyage.

Yes unfortunately they are a business and out to avoid paying out if they possibly can. The last few years we have taken an annual policy as we are now taking several trips a year. I have done a bit more research recently as the annual policy was up for renewal and cost increased dramatically. We have now decided to go with the credit card insurance, a $45 loading for pre existing cover. Do check fine print though as this particular insurance CBA only covers for overseas travel of $1000 or more per person. Our most recent cruise was less than $1000 per person which meant we couldn't use it. I then went with insure and go. No need to claim so no idea how good they would have been.

Good advice to read and check exactly what is included and also excluded. It can be very hard to compare one product with another.:D

Totally agree with you Maxmia. Loading for over 80s is excessive and most policies contain a lot of nasty surprises. When I compared companies for our last cruise, a couple of then had a hefty loading - and then had a $1000 excess on ALL medical claims!! On top of all this, its impossible those over 75 to take out an annual travel insurance, so we are landed with excessive costs for each voyage.

Some policies won't give coverage on annual insurance for over 60 eg 1Cover.

People cruising on a domestic cruise may very well be healthy but a healthy person can still fall and break a leg or have another type of accident on board. The doctors on board are not registered with medicare and as such medicare will not cover any costs - nor will private health insurance. It is a small price to pay for peace of mind.

People cruising on a domestic cruise may very well be healthy but a healthy person can still fall and break a leg or have another type of accident on board. The doctors on board are not registered with medicare and as such medicare will not cover any costs - nor will private health insurance. It is a small price to pay for peace of mind.

So true, Insurance covered me on my last cruise, an ankle injury (Sprain), medical visit on board and $850 later I was back in my room resting it. it cost me the excess but saved me money in the end.:D