Let's talk about the "Blue Towel"

IMKTDQT810

So, I am reading that these are for pool use or to take off the ship for shore excursions or beach day correct? What is the process to getting them and what if we want 2 each? Also, how do they know when you return it? Do you need to bring them back to the same area or does your cabin attendant sign it back in if you leave it in your room?

Thank you and Happy Mother's Day for those reading who are a mom or grandmom!

Yes, that is correct. They are for your use on the ship, and off.

Just be sure not to lose them, as Carnival will charge you $25 each:eek::eek:

You can swap them out for new ones at the towel hut near the main pool, or just leave them on the bathroom floor, and the steward will bring you new ones.

They will be waiting for you, in your cabin, on your first day, based on how many are booked in your room.

Have a great cruise!!!:D:D

We had considered buying a couple of blue towels, but didn't. Then wished we would have so contacted our PVP to see if they were available off the ship. She said no. However she was going on a cruise that week and would gladly pick a couple up for us. We sent her the money plus a little for her trouble and now we have our own blue towels to remind us of the cruise. That's why we love our PVP.

We had considered buying a couple of blue towels, but didn't. Then wished we would have so contacted our PVP to see if they were available off the ship. She said no. However she was going on a cruise that week and would gladly pick a couple up for us. We sent her the money plus a little for her trouble and now we have our own blue towels to remind us of the cruise. That's why we love our PVP.

I have 4 of them that we use for around our pool.... Like you I like being reminded of our cruises.

I have seen them for sale on ebay. But they were priced higher than what you'd pay for them on the ship.

Last cruise I purchased a couple of the Spa towels and really love them!

What did they cost if you don't mind me asking? Do you purchase those from the spa or are they for sale in the fun shops?

I purchased a "blue" towel and love using in all the time. I passed up buying a yellow spa towel and have kicked myself ever since so I will be getting one next April on my next Carnival cruise! They are each $25 I believe!

We bought the Khaki colored ones on the Splendor and the beautiful yellow Serenity ones on the Breeze. I also got the new ones from Bon Voyage recently on the Sunshine. They're thinner but have a beautiful scene on them. We love having them as reminders of our cruises and use them often.

I bought the original Cloud 9 spa towel (beige) when on the Splendor. I then bought the new yellow Cloud 9 spa and regular (new) blue towel on the last two cruises. I intend on getting, if space in my suitcase allows, one more of each towel. I don't have a pool, but I am fluffy and the towels wrap around with room to spare and is so absorbent!

I've never lost a towel, and on one cruise in January 2009 the ship couldn't keep up with towels I rarely got even one towel on my cabin after embarkation. I'd have to get a towel from the hut. They had so many families still on Xmas holidays that the ship was so close to max quad capacity.

What did they cost if you don't mind me asking? Do you purchase those from the spa or are they for sale in the fun shops?

They were $22.00 on the Dream this past fall. We just asked the room steward and she brought us brand new ones in packaging.

I have one with the intent to get all of my cruises embroidered on it, ship and date, to hang in the den. A wonderful reminder of all of the wonderful cruises.

One of these days I will get the work done and get it hung up.

Thank you all so much for letting me know this information. I didn't even realize that they started out in the room =-) So thank you.

Does anyone know if they sell some in the shops on the ship cheaper then 25? Just wondering.. or I guess I can buy cheap ones at the first port so bring home as a nice summer reminder!

If you get up a little early on a sea day they put complimentary blue towels on some of the loungers. Just help yourself and take as many as you want. Also help youself to any reading material on the loungers or flip flops put out for your convenience! Sometimes the flip flops will be on two separate loungers so it may be harder to find a matching set in your size. Oh that Carnival they really take good care of, the passengers.

Did not realize you can check out an extra towel at the towel hut in addition to what is provided for you in your room. What time does the towel hut open on port days? Or can you check it out one day and bring back another?