Just off the Breeze/Quick Review - 5/4/14 - 5/10/14 LOVED IT!!!

abisha

We've parked at the La Quinta probably 7 times now. Never had an issue. This time I had my new car that I bought 6 days before the cruise and never worried. Note to self, do not park under the trees as they have birds :)

My wife and I commented about the crowds, there weren't any. We didn't spend anytime at the pool so can't comment about those. We could always find a place to sit at the buffet, never had a line at Guys or Blue Iguana. The BBQ had quite the line when we went by by we had just finished the brunch. Did the slides over and over without waiting but that was also in Grand Cayman before everyone had to be back on.

enjoy

What time of year did you cruise? Thanks for the recommendation. That hotel is much cheaper in September and actually looks cheaper than parking at the port. Was considering two blue lagoon hotels but they were running about $160 plus we are La Quinta fans. We had the same plan for Caymen; get back on early and enjoy the ship while the majority are ashore. :D

Thanks again to the OP for the review!

Would you mind sharing the Fun Times? I haven't been able to find them for this particular cruise (Breeze 6 day Key West, Cozumel, Grand Cayman). Thanks!

I will do my best to get them posted. I am horrible at attaching things to these posts. I am at work right now so will have to do from home later on so bear with me. I also intend to get some pictures posted.

great review! If you want to see some pictures of the Breeze, check out the link to me Breeze review!

thanks for sharing! I really loved the new look and look forward to the new builds for the future on Carnival. I hope the Breeze's design will certainly pave the way.

We were on the Breeze last October and we are going back again June 1 since the rate was so great. I do remember a few things about the ship that I hope they worked on.

I don't think the staff was that great. Usually they are exceptional. (not our experience on the Breeze)

The sewer smell was overwhelming in many spots.

The entertainment shows were blah but we loved the comedians

We need a getaway! so excited

I totally agree about the shows..Playlist productions really needs something to spruce it up. If they want to use those screens, then that's fine, but they need to improve the song selection and add a bit more to the staging and customing and maybe even some of the talent (sorry Carnival dancers/singers).

I really have to say that the crew was pretty exceptional on this particular cruise. The attitudes were wonderful..always smiling and saying hello and always going out of their way to do something to help you, etc. Perhaps it's a different group of employees since you cruised on Breeze.

Didn't smell too much sewer..just a few times at end of hallway (not near our cabin)..right before heading out to lido deck.

Enjoy the Breeze...again!

A few more additional comments about the Breeze to add to my review:

The Fun Shops: I noticed some (not all) of the apparel had changed since my last three Carnival cruises. I did manage to pick up a few tshirts for family back home and a couple of bathingsuit coverups. I thought most of those items were reasonably priced. I thought their selection of the Bella Perlina bracelets and charms was terrible (better color and charm selection on my Valor cruise last year). I wasn't crazy ( and never am) about their watch sale (DH says they are overpriced and same stuff he saw at our local cheap discount store) nor am I ever crazy about their offerings for the $10 sale stuff...it's always the same stuff. Wish they'd change that out a bit more. I really wanted to get a Breeze/cruise ship ornament and they didnt' have any which surprised me.

For those who like to purchase smokes...DH said they did go up a bit in price. We got a good deal in Coz.

I really loved Cherry on Top. I didn't purchase anything as I was dealing with a bad tooth, but next time, I will definitely indulge. What a cheerful looking candy store. I did see some very cute apparel in that store for children. Wish they had some candy-related looking apparel for adults (hey..grownups love candy too!).

I have to second this! And when are the elegant night(s)? Thank you so much!

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

Elegant nights were Key West and Grand Cayman. We only went to the first one though.

Another added comment...

I never made it up to Serenity deck on this cruise, but really didn't feel the need to. I was quite happy sitting in the comfry padded chairs with padded stools on deck 11 above the lido. Facing forward towards the screen were sofas, and the "coffee table" was a white cube that lit up at night in various colors...very nice. There were also "blue" lights shining down and around the lido pool area. This entire area is such an improvement.

I also liked all of the tables and chairs with umbrellas right outside on ocean plaza. It gave this area more of a resort feel. The rows of loungers on either side on the outer promenade deck were always empty on this particular cruise and the whirlpools on the sides that "jet" out seemed often unused.

Thanks so much for your review. We are leaving this Sunday on the Breeze and you've answered so many questions that we had going into the trip. Thanks again!!!

Edited by UKJJ

Thanks so much for your review. We are leaving this Sunday on the Breeze and you've answered so many questions that we had going into the trip. Thanks again!!!

You're welcome. Have a wonderful time.

Thanks for the review and glad you had a great cruise! Every Breeze review makes me want to book it even more. Glad DH got his wallet back. Once leaving on a shuttle from the rental car company we left our carry on tote bag with our docs and passports in it on the bench while waiting! DH thought I had it and I thought he had it. Luckily we realized on the shuttle on way to the port and the driver radioed to have them get it and hold it for us while he circled back to get it. We were so fortunate and happy to get it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There was also a good crowd each night at the piano bar, and everyone always seemed to be having fun there. We watched one comedian, named Jaylynne, and she was very funny (we introduced ourselves to her and got a picture with her...she loved the fact that DH's name is Jay and my name is Lynne).

I saw only one playlist production (Divas)..and didn't care for it at all. I found it somewhat boring. I didn't bother seeing any others. I did watch one of the Hasbro gameshows which was fun to watch. Stage show entertainment is an area I feel Carnival is lacking and needs to step it up in order to keep up with it's competition.

Our CD was Butch Begovitch who was terrific and funny. He refers to everyone as "Carnival family". He is also leaving his "cruise director" position but not leaving carnival. I believe he will still be assisting with training/mentoring new CD's.

Motion of ship: I read here on CC comments about how this ship has an unusual movement. Our cabin was right near forward elevators and always felt a strange rapid back and forth movement (felt mainly when lying down). Picture yourself lying down on your side and having someone grab your arm or shoulder and staring to shake you back and forth. This was despite the smooth sail we had (and very different from the vibration one would experience in an aft cabin). At times, I found it annoying when trying to sleep. Sometimes it woke me up.

continued...

I am very disappointed that Butch will not be our CD in September:(