AMEX Plat booking through Celebrity

pbadss

I booked a cruise direct through Celebrity but paid with my AMEX plat. The cruise isn't until next year, but the deadline to transfer the cruise to another agent is almost up.

Can I receive my AMEX plat benefits even if I book direct through Celebrity? I've read that I might need to guide a TA to a certain AMEX Plat website, but does that apply to direct bookings?

Thanks for any help.

You'll only get the platinum benefits if you have NO other incentives from Celebrity.

I speak from experience.

Not true..I received obc from Celebrity along with benefits from my Amex Plat card when I transferred the booking to the Amex TA.

I booked a cruise direct through Celebrity but paid with my AMEX plat. The cruise isn't until next year, but the deadline to transfer the cruise to another agent is almost up.

Can I receive my AMEX plat benefits even if I book direct through Celebrity? I've read that I might need to guide a TA to a certain AMEX Plat website, but does that apply to direct bookings?

Thanks for any help.

Yes, you can receive your Amex benefits with a non Amex travel agent. The travel agent will need to register with Amex and record your cruise to obtain a tracking number. He/she will then need to call Celebrity and speak to the Amex desk to have the benefits applied to your cruise. The benefit will be reflected on your invoice.

My understanding is that generally, the benefit is not combineable with a cruise line provided benefit on Celebrity. I was unable to combine with the pick your perk benefit and I spoke directly with the Amex rep at Celebrity.

It was explained to me that the Amex benefit is a dual benefit from Amex and Celebrity. In fact, on my last Celebrity cruise, when I was able to use the Amex benefits, the card in my cabin specified "from Amex and Celebrity".

Totally unrelated, but I visited a Centurion lounge for the first time this past weekend. When I checked in, I asked if there was anything I needed to know. The agent said everything is free including food, drink, internet, manicure, pedicure, massage etc. There is nothing to pay for. Sweet.

Totally unrelated, but I visited a Centurion lounge for the first time this past weekend. When I checked in, I asked if there was anything I needed to know. The agent said everything is free including food, drink, internet, manicure, pedicure, massage etc. There is nothing to pay for. Sweet.

Was that the Amex lounge in Las Vegas?

It was so nice that it's almost worth going to Las Vegas just to go there! :D

Was that the Amex lounge in Las Vegas?

It was so nice that it's almost worth going to Las Vegas just to go there! :D

No, it was in Dallas which is where I live. I was contemplating giving up the Plat Amex since they stopped granting access to the Admirals Club. There is only one Centurion lounge in Dallas which may or may not be convenient, depending on what terminal one flies out of. I'm still on the fence.