Trying to decide btwn Jewel of the Seas and Allure of the Seas

I have always wanted to go on the Oasis or Allure. I also have always wanted to do a cruise that leaves out of San Juan.

When I want to go on the Allure, in mid July, the ships itinerary I did on Carnival so, the main attraction is the ship. With the Jewel of the Seas, its all about the itinerary and not the ship. I will be booking an outside balcony cabin on both. The Allure would be a boardwalk balcony and the Jewel would be a regular balcony.

Any ideas on which one I should do? While the allure of the Allure is the ship, I am not sure its that big of a deal to warrant going just because of a ship.

Hello. I have been on the Allure and Oasis. On the allure I had a boardwalk balcony. Did not enjoy. On the oasis I had an ocean balcony much better. Now here is my advise. Those were my first 2 cruises and I regret going on them because all the other ships are probably going to feel small. I am going on the Jewel in March and I picked it because of the itinerary. Otherwise I would have done Oasis again. The 2 largest ships in the world are amazing!! I love them for so many reasons. In my case the itinerary wins!!

Sent from my iPhone

The best solution is to do both.:)

And then with that in mind, pick which one first? :) I've done both recently and loved them both. Just got back from Jewel with 4 new ports out of 5 in one 7 day cruise.

Edited by BillOh

We did a B2B on Jewel in March, fantastic ship and crew, great itinerary, the ship only felt crowded on the last day as it was the only sea day of the cruise, we also did Oasis about 2 years ago for the ship and are sailing her in October, you cannot compare them as they are so different, whichever you go on you will enjoy, we've never had any issue going from a big to little ship, once we are onboard we don't really notice.

I've been on both Allure and Jewel. It's really hard to beat the Allure! We're booked on the return transatlantic after dry dock for both Oasis and Allure. Should leave ample time to actually enjoy these great ships!

However, in between we are back on the Jewel again. Love San Juan and wanted to sail from there again, but also spend a week before sailing to just enjoy San Juan! The date that worked best for coordinating timeshare and cruise was on Jewel. She is a beautiful ship also!

Tough choice to make but it sounds like to me that the itinerary is more important to you than the ship. I also would take the regular balcony over the boardwalk one. I would do the San Juan now and plan for an Oasis class in the near future. As you may know, Oasis class 3 will be here in 2016, and Oasis class 4 in 2018 so you will have plenty of chances to check them out.:)

Thanks for all the information. Based on all the promotions and pricing I went with the allure of the seas. The jewel was $600 more and I figured for that I could go to Vegas on a weekday for that so I could get more trips.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk