Dining packages eliminated?

While using the new cruise planner for my Quantum sailing, I thought they had shifted to OBC only for Quantum.

I am now looking at my Liberty sailing this week, which did not really offer dining packages previously and see the same offer there for day 1 and making 3 reservations.

Can anyone on a sailing where they had dining packages prior confirm if they have shifted fleet-wide to the following?

Each venue offers following text indicating that onboard credit is now issued and the discounts eliminated.

Insider Tips

Make 3 reservations at any of our specialty restaurants and receive a 20% onboard credit† with our dining package.

Receive a 20% onboard credit† on all Day 1 reservations.

Kids 5 and under eat for free.

Kids 6-12 years old eat for less. Ask about our kids specialty dining prices onboard.

Gluten Free, lactose free, and vegetarian options available. Ask your waiter.

Thanks for confirming.

This is a smart move for them as it will encourage pre-booking and not waiting until onboard as OBC in fine print is only offered for reservations made on the pre-Cruise Planner.

It also stimulates onboard spending with additional OBC.

fine print

Discount is applicable to all pre-cruise specialty dining reservations. Onboard credit is applied on Day 1 of the cruise and is given to the primary person on the cruise booking. Onboard credit applies only to food purchases (cover charge or a ala carte) and is not combinable with any other offer

Edited by MADflyer

I do not see this when I go to make specialty restaurant reservations on the Freedom, does this apply to all ships?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That is my question.

It appears to have been rolled out fleet wide or will be, but unsure at moment.

You would know if you have the new pre-Cruise planner. Much more visual and gives many suggestions in box-ad format.

Other things we learned today after calling RC (for an Allure sailing):

-If you book 3 specialty restaurants and get the 20% discount, and have one on the first night (so another 20%), it's not 40% off, but rather 20% and then another 20%, so 36% off. Not a huge difference but the RC rep made sure to point it out.

-No additional discount for booking 4 restaurants. Not sure if you book 6-- I didn't ask.

-Chef's table is included

Hi - I am on Oasis May 31 and I have been waiting for the dining packages to become available. Where can I see this information? I logged into new pre cruise planner and can't find anything about the 20% off.

Thank you

It is in the 'Insider Tips' for each venue. They are booked separately. OBC appears on day 1 on the stateroom account per description. You pay full price in advance for a day 1 booking or 3 bookings during sailing to get the 20% in OBC.

It is in the 'Insider Tips' for each venue. They are booked separately. OBC appears on day 1 on the stateroom account per description. You pay full price in advance for a day 1 booking or 3 bookings during sailing to get the 20% in OBC.

Would not have found this without your post! Thanks :D

Thank you. I found it. Now I have to decide if I want to spend approx. 500.00 and receive 100 OBC for 3 restaurants. I really want to but it is a lot of extra money when so much free food is avail on the ship. But the Central Park Restaurants are so nice. Decisions, Decisions. :confused:

Is this in the dining & beverage cruise planner section? I'm looking at my Quantum sailing and I don't see anything remotely to indicate this.

Scroll over one of the options and it should say view details. When you go to the view details page it will say at the bottom of the page "insider tips" which will talk about the 20%. This is a really contrived way of burying the lead by RCCL. If I was them I would make it more obvious.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by thebooth

Im on Radiance next month so I have already booked all my dining reservations. I called C&A to see if I had to cancel my current choices and rebook to get the credit They asked what website I saw this on because it wasn't a rccl program When I told them that I was looking at their site they said they had no clue. The site went down at that moment so tomorrow I'm going to call again and walk them through to find it.