Got Away on the Getaway! Review of our birthday celebration May 3- 10 2014

saxgirl84

Loved your review! Thank you for taking the time and providing great info. Glad you had a great time.

thank you! it was one of (if not THE) best vacations I've been on, and I like to go on at least 2 a year... I'm hoping we didn't spoil our selves on this one and are disappointed in the next trip, where I'm sure I won't score the upgrade deal I got on our Aft balcony...

Glad you enjoyed the review!

what's in the Toasted Almond drink?

to be honest, I'm not 100% sure... maybe someone else can chime in... I just remember that last year on the Sky, it was a drink of the day, so I tried it out and LOVED it. It was just like a spiked milkshake.

We always get so tired around 9-10 pm when the goodactivites are started, so we combat this with caffeine pills. Cheaper than redbull, doesn't fill you up, no calories, easy to bring on board and stash in your purse (Not that Im advocated the pills) but for us, they really do help from time to time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to check those out... I am a bit addicted to Redbull, so when I travel, that's usually the first thing I buy when I get off the plane, enough to last me for the week, but I'll check out the pills, as you said, I can keep them in my purse and have them available anywhere!

I'm not sure why I kept waking up so early each morning I didn't have an alarm set, I was on Vacation! (my work shift is 10am-6:30pm, so I'm not usually a morning person!) but I couldn't fall back asleep after watching the sunrise....

The dolphin pictures are amazing and the toasted almond sounds yummy.

what the hay with the shark picture! :eek: :eek: :eek: Stupid question but was that a live shark that swam towards the glass trying to bite your or something? Talk about a memorable picture and great timing. I hope he didn't eat Seymore. :D ( Edit: nvm .. I see Seymore hanging there :eek: :eek: that's one creepy and gigantic taxidermy shark )

Thanks! The reason we picked the Blue Lagoon excursion is because they let us bring our own cameras, so we got some really up close and personal pictures!

The Shark was a display at the museum in Ft. Lauderdale... the museum was probably geared more towards kids, but all 3 of us are just big kids, so we checked it out... got more than one strange look from others there, but it was fun!

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to check those out... I am a bit addicted to Redbull, so when I travel, that's usually the first thing I buy when I get off the plane, enough to last me for the week, but I'll check out the pills, as you said, I can keep them in my purse and have them available anywhere!

I'm not sure why I kept waking up so early each morning I didn't have an alarm set, I was on Vacation! (my work shift is 10am-6:30pm, so I'm not usually a morning person!) but I couldn't fall back asleep after watching the sunrise....

usually 1 pill equates to a cup of coffee so its definitely helpful because I always feel like after eating and drinking so much alcohol, there just isnt room in my stomach for a redbull

to be honest, I'm not 100% sure... maybe someone else can chime in... I just remember that last year on the Sky, it was a drink of the day, so I tried it out and LOVED it. It was just like a spiked milkshake.

Ok thanks, hopefully someone who has had the toasted almond drink will tell me