Drink Package Changes?

Hi,

While checking out the new planning section of the RCI website, I noticed that the language describing the Ultimate drink package may have changed. I thought it used to have a dollar limit on alcoholic beverages. However, here's the new description:

"Our entire stock of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages is yours to choose from. Enjoy virtually unlimited combinations on everything from cocktails with top-shelf spirits to premium teas and every beverage in between."

To me, this sounds like any limits are gone... :D

It would be nice. My husband enjoys drinking an IPA, and I noticed on the pub drink menu, the IPA was one of the few beers that had an asterisk next to it, meaning it wasn't included in the drink package. Go figure.

It would be nice. My husband enjoys drinking an IPA, and I noticed on the pub drink menu, the IPA was one of the few beers that had an asterisk next to it, meaning it wasn't included in the drink package. Go figure.

Look at the pub menu date. My husband and I noticed the same thing on Allure in March, however, the pub menus were completely out of date (by 3-years)!

The Redhook IPA is included in the Premium and Ultimate packages as of December 2013.

If there is ever a question, just have them swipe your card to find out. That's what the Pub bartenders told us to do.

(I emailed Royal Caribbean post-cruise regarding the old menus and apparent lack of training on the updated drink menus. I received a call from Royal Caribbean last weekend to clarify my written statement, as it only allowed 500 characters [or something like that]. They told me that they would make sure all pub menus were replaced with current ones, speak to the Food & Beverage manager and look into which bartenders require training on the updated menus).

Pretty sure if you read to the bottom it still excludes some beers, think I read it again about a week ago.

As of March 2013, the Beverage Packages do not include Chimay, Sam Adams Double Bock, Sam Adams Imperial White, and the Fosters Oil Can.

The Redhook IPA is included in the Premium and Ultimate packages as of December 2013.

Thanks for the info. Good to see an IPA is included. I'm sure he would have been fine with finding something on the long list of what's included at the pub, but he really likes IPAs.

Well, I'm hoping that since the Premium package DOES list a price limit and uses language that directly implies a limit, RCI may have changed the Ultimate package to include everything, not just Premium + non-alcoholic. I can't find anything in any fine print on the website to answer this question. I sent them an email and if I get an answer I'll post what I find out.

If cocktails up to $10 are covered and wine to $12, can you just pay the difference if order something more expensive as far as cocktails and wine? I guess it is a little deceptive just to list "beer" without a limit; makes you think all beer would be included. I used the logic that I couldn't imagine a beer that is priced more than some of the margaritas and frozen drinks they cover and requires less work to serve.

Anyway, seems like they should have a dollar limit on the beer, perhaps different limits on Select vs Premium and allow pax to pay the difference (if that's the way it works for cocktails and wine, not that I know that either).

If cocktails up to $10 are covered and wine to $12, can you just pay the difference if order something more expensive as far as cocktails and wine? I guess it is a little deceptive just to list "beer" without a limit; makes you think all beer would be included. I used the logic that I couldn't imagine a beer that is priced more than some of the margaritas and frozen drinks they cover and requires less work to serve.

Anyway, seems like they should have a dollar limit on the beer, perhaps different limits on Select vs Premium and allow pax to pay the difference (if that's the way it works for cocktails and wine, not that I know that either).

Yes, you are supposed to be able to pay the difference. However, there have been a few reports where it seemed like the bar servers were not familiar with the concept, and charged full price for drinks over the limit.

Does anyone know if Bud Light aluminum bottles are included with the select package or do you need to purchase the one up? My DH is not a mixed drink person. I don't want to pre purchase the wrong package as the bud light is the only beer he will be drinking and not draft. Thanks for any help.

Does anyone know if Bud Light aluminum bottles are included with the select package or do you need to purchase the one up? My DH is not a mixed drink person. I don't want to pre purchase the wrong package as the bud light is the only beer he will be drinking and not draft. Thanks for any help.

Bud Light Aluminum is included with the package.

confirmed with Royal that the dollar amounts of the Premium Package is also the limited for the Ultimate package $10 for drinks and $12 for wine. Difference between the 2 package - Ultimate includes, fresh squeezed orange juice, fruit smoothies, and sparking bottled water :)

Edited by 2thesea