Tobacco Bay Beach? How is it and how do I get there/find it?

JandKMom

Thanks. I cant open (I'm on my phone) and do not have FB but will open at work in the morning. I plan on working for about an hour and then devote rest of the day to finalizing Bermuda and the cruise and my September Disney trip.

Thanks again so much!

Perfect!

Thank you again! Ill report back when I hear from them. Any pictures? Id love to see them!

Thank you so much!

Here are a few more shots of the resort. I figured out how to attach a file, not a link. Hopefully this will work.

822206703_CocoBeach3.jpg.51031dec283d8cdd5ca00f53040234b9.jpg

Here are a few more shots of the resort. I figured out how to attach a file, not a link. Hopefully this will work.

[ATTACH]320553[/ATTACH]

Sorry, couldn't get the other 2 to upload. Trying again

31099962_CocoBeach1.jpg.baac61f819632a9eaad08a4e5bf26ae3.jpg

746982017_CocoBeach2.jpg.48009c42c4ca47762a84edcec32476a9.jpg

ohhh, thank you SO much!

I didn't get an e-mail back this morning so I called LOL

I'm all set for our party of six on August 13 but I forgot to ask what time

we can arrive. I guess 10:00 am - 11:00 am will work and don't think I'll call

back.

Thank you J&K mom! Your post is the reason we are going :)

I'm so excited for our Bermuda trip. I think I have a great 3 days planned!

Thanks.

What beautiful children and beach!

Thank you for taking the time to look for the pictures!

I am so happy I booked.

So, this is not in St. George, is that correct?

I just walk out to where the taxis are and ask them to take us there and I'll have the address. Correct?

THANKS!

What beautiful children and beach!

Thank you for taking the time to look for the pictures!

I am so happy I booked.

So, this is not in St. George, is that correct?

I just walk out to where the taxis are and ask them to take us there and I'll have the address. Correct?

THANKS!

No, not St. George. This is on the South Shore - right next to Elbow Beach and not far from Horseshoe Bay. The driver will most likely know the resort- just say you want to go to Coco Reef Resort. A much better choice than Tobacco Bay. In answer to your previous question, yes, you can go anytime you want, I would say the earlier the better in case there are a lot of other day passes, so you can get your choice of beach chairs. The beach is quite small, but there are two levels (it is a steep flight of stairs down, so be advised - if you are physically challenged, you can just sit by the pool which has a lovely ocean view). The day we went there weren't many day pass folks and some hotel guests we spoke to had no idea there was such a pass. The waitress at the restaurant however said that the year before it was often very crowded but she wasn't sure if they were limiting the passes overall or just that day in particular because there was a private party in the restaurant (in the inside room - we sat out on the patio). And thanks for the compliments on my kids :) I had another photo in the restaurant but it had my husband in it and he would kill me if I posted it. The restaurant was lovely as well and the patio overlooks the pool and ocean.

No, not St. George. This is on the South Shore - right next to Elbow Beach and not far from Horseshoe Bay. The driver will most likely know the resort- just say you want to go to Coco Reef Resort. A much better choice than Tobacco Bay. In answer to your previous question, yes, you can go anytime you want, I would say the earlier the better in case there are a lot of other day passes, so you can get your choice of beach chairs. The beach is quite small, but there are two levels (it is a steep flight of stairs down, so be advised - if you are physically challenged, you can just sit by the pool which has a lovely ocean view). The day we went there weren't many day pass folks and some hotel guests we spoke to had no idea there was such a pass. The waitress at the restaurant however said that the year before it was often very crowded but she wasn't sure if they were limiting the passes overall or just that day in particular because there was a private party in the restaurant (in the inside room - we sat out on the patio). And thanks for the compliments on my kids :) I had another photo in the restaurant but it had my husband in it and he would kill me if I posted it. The restaurant was lovely as well and the patio overlooks the pool and ocean.

Perfect!

Thank you so much again! I'm so happy with my itinerary! Thanks!

Any one with mobility issues getting to Tobacco Bay Beach is not recommended unless you take a cab directly to the beach, yes it is very small, loud music and hardly any shade, however we found a cool spot under 2 trees that provided shade all day. The snorkeling is really why we went but when lots of people got the the water became quite cloudy.

The next day we rented loungers, table and umbrella on Elbow beach. The cab dropped us right there. It was 50$ for the 2 of us and they had beverage and food service at our spot on the beach, Showers and changing facilities as well. A beauty of a day, the water is AMAZING!

Enjoy!

Marcia

Also worth mentioning: As much as we like Tobacco Bay, when posters say they have amenities, it might be disappointing to some. Last month when we were there, it was showing some growing pains.

-Although the vendors have improved the deck/bar area, they have decided to take up half the beach with the available loungers/umbrellas for rent (not sure how they get away with this on a National Beach). On a beach that already gets crowded in the p.m., if you don't want a lounger you're more or less pushed to the sides. :(

-We're not real sticklers, but the bathrooms were in pretty rough shape - pretty funky, no toilet paper. There was a changing room of sorts in the men's room, but no shower.

My two cents.

Also worth mentioning: As much as we like Tobacco Bay, when posters say they have amenities, it might be disappointing to some. Last month when we were there, it was showing some growing pains.

-Although the vendors have improved the deck/bar area, they have decided to take up half the beach with the available loungers/umbrellas for rent (not sure how they get away with this on a National Beach). On a beach that already gets crowded in the p.m., if you don't want a lounger you're more or less pushed to the sides. :(

-We're not real sticklers, but the bathrooms were in pretty rough shape - pretty funky, no toilet paper. There was a changing room of sorts in the men's room, but no shower.

My two cents.

Because I want an umbrella for sun protection that does not bother me. I also always get a lounger. Have to say though I only go to Tobacco when I want to do some snorkeling. For only the beach, the south shore beaches, Horseshoe, Elbow, Warwick are all more awesome and where I go.

Edited by Charles4515

My two cents.

Your two cents is always worth more.:)

I thought I read that the new owners said, among other things, the bathrooms would be the cleanest, etc. so I thought they had upgraded them to some degree. Can't find that info from them at the moment.

TB has always been one of out favorite places but with all the new activities, it just seemed that it would be even more crowded. You've confirmed that to some degree with the lounges and umbrellas taking up the limited beach space. We would always get there as early as we could and leave for our walk back to St. George on Barry Rd. By that time, more people were arriving and we missed the crowds.

The flyboarding is what really gave us pause. What did you see as far as that? I just see it as noise, churning up the water so you can't see the fish and also scaring away fish. Were our concerns a knee jerk reaction and something that was of no concern? Guess it's a moot point for us since we decided to bag Bermuda after many, many years and have booked a cruise elsewhere.

Any more two cents would be appreciated.:)

Edited by iheartbda

The flyboarding is what really gave us pause. What did you see as far as that? I just see it as noise, churning up the water so you can't see the fish and also scaring away fish. Were our concerns a knee jerk reaction and something that was of no concern? Guess it's a moot point for us since we decided to bag Bermuda after many, many years and have booked a cruise elsewhere.

Any more two cents would be appreciated.:)

I wonder if many spend the money on the flyboarding. It ssems expensive for what it is. I would also like to know if it impacts snorkeling.

I took a break from Bermuda for a couple of years because it was getting to be same old, same old. I went back this year. I really enjoyed Bermuda a lot this year. I think taking that break was the reason.

I wonder if many spend the money on the flyboarding. It ssems expensive for what it is. I would also like to know if it impacts snorkeling.

I took a break from Bermuda for a couple of years because it was getting to be same old, same old. I went back this year. I really enjoyed Bermuda a lot this year. I think taking that break was the reason.

This will be our second year not going and maybe we need a break as well. However, I will miss visiting with our friend there

Your two cents is always worth more.:)

Any more two cents would be appreciated .:)

Thanks! The only time we saw fly-boarding was on two occasions in Dockyard (frankly, at first I had no idea what I was seeing) :confused:. If they are offering it at Tobacco Bay, we saw no evidence of it. If they did, I think they would drive people away in hordes. As it is, at a National Beach, I'm confused how they get away taking up the beach with empty loungers, much less renting something that would trash the resource entirely. :(

I hope you enjoy your other jaunts and return to, "heartbda" again!

Edited by jdarch