locked hallways to staterooms

cheers41

You have customers at Port Canaveral who are longshoremen?

The fact is: unions have a pretty strong lock on virtually everything that goes on at marine cargo and passenger terminals.

No, my customers at Port Canaveral are senior management of port operations.

Hi, I'm travelling on Carnival Freedom soon. I am planning on carrying on my own luggage upon boarding ship. Am I able to get into my stateroom as soon as I board? Someone told me that the hallways are locked to the staterooms, but I hope it is a different cruise line.

Two suggestions.....

Don't bring any bags that are too large to go through the ship's scanner, so basically airport carry on size.

Wait until after 1PM to board.

I love watching people bring their carryons and two or more cases of bottled water that they have to lug all over the ship until they can get to their cabin.

The water on ships is just fine to drink. No need for excess carryon bags.

According to Carnival, carryon luggage must be no larger than 24x16xhoweverlongyouwant.

So your 30in suitcase you picked up at Marshall's should be ok, but a box that is 30x30x24 isn't.

Edited by SadieN

We are Diamond on Carnival and can go to our cabin as soon as we get on board- which is always before noon. The fire doors ARE NOT LOCKED, just closed! We just open them and go to our cabin to put my carry on shoulder bag there.

Hi, I'm travelling on Carnival Freedom soon. I am planning on carrying on my own luggage upon boarding ship. Am I able to get into my stateroom as soon as I board? Someone told me that the hallways are locked to the staterooms, but I hope it is a different cruise line.

If you want to get to your stateroom immediately, consider investing in FTTF [Faster to the Fun]. This will give you priority boarding, immediate access, priority on tender tickets and priority debarkation. The cost is $49/cabin. You can find this under excursions in your home port. There are a limited number available, so if you see availability and want it, grab it!

If you want to get to your stateroom immediately, consider investing in FTTF [Faster to the Fun]. This will give you priority boarding, immediate access, priority on tender tickets and priority debarkation. The cost is $49/cabin. You can find this under excursions in your home port. There are a limited number available, so if you see availability and want it, grab it!

Wow--I thought it was $49 per person. At $49 per cabin you'd be crazy not to take it. That's peanuts!

Edited by ducklite

As someone who has PAID for enough cruises to have earned what FTTF people pay for, we really resent this. It should be total for everyone in the cabin, not just the whole cabin and we will still hate people paying for what we have earned!!!!!

As someone who has PAID for enough cruises to have earned what FTTF people pay for, we really resent this. It should be total for everyone in the cabin, not just the whole cabin and we will still hate people paying for what we have earned!!!!!

OK, so I have earned high status with my airline of choice, and as a result, always get bumped to first class. Does this mean that people shouldn't be able to buy first class seats?

On Princess, we can always go to our cabin as soon as we get on board (and we try to arrive at the port by noon at the latest -- and often earlier). But we check our suitcases and our plastic crate of beverages (never had a problem with it not getting to our cabin).

If the OP is concerned about lost luggage, it really is rare. Many people cross pack (put some of your traveling partner's clothing in your suitcase, and you put some of yours in your partner's suitcase). Always put a copy of your name, ship's name, and a contact phone number -- not your address -- inside your suitcase as well as that info on a luggage tag. That way if your tag that you printed out before your cruise gets torn off, your suitcase can be opened and your luggage can be matched to your cabin.

Our last Carnival Cruise (and it is our LAST due to their smoking policy) we were a group of 9 cabins who all purchased the Faster to the Fun. $49.00 per CABIN - which gets you priority boarding, instant availability to your cabin and priority tendering and disembarkation. Best money spent EVER. They only sell a limited about of FTTF on any cruise so snag it early.