Opinions on Switching Rooms

LynnTH

So, my family and another family (4 in each family and cabin) are sailing on the Conquest June 1st.

We are both on Lido Deck, which we booked almost a year ago as I love this deck. My family is in a balcony and my friends is in an inside about 10 cabins down.

Have not been able to take advantage of any price drops as both of our categories are sold out. Not many cabins hold 4 on this deck.

I still look at prices daily and noticed they really dropped today. They have balcony cabins available on the Panorama Deck directly across from each other but one on each side of ship. There are also balcony cabins available on the Spa deck right next to each other.

Price is about $500 lower for us and about $200 lower for them (but they would upgrade to a balcony).

I am torn what to do. I really love the Lido deck but is going down a flight of stairs or 2 really that big a deal to get some OBC...

What do you all think - looking for all input. Thanks.

I love the lido deck location too, but $500 savings by going only one deck down would probably persuade me.

It would actually be up one deck (or up 2 decks) depending on Panorama or Spa Deck.

I don't think the Spa Cabins are anything special on the Conquest right? But would be nice to have balcony cabins right next to each other.

Would they be able to open the divider in the balcony for us? I think they can but just checking.

if its the same category or room (you dont say if it is or not) then you get the price drop without losing your room.

if its a lower category then you need to know if $500 is worth it

I think it might persuade me

if its the same category or room (you dont say if it is or not) then you get the price drop without losing your room.

if its a lower category then you need to know if $500 is worth it

I think it might persuade me

It is a higher category. Early Saver won't let you go down to a lower category and there are no more in our current category. We are in a 8E and they are in a 4G. I think the new rooms would be 8F or 8G.

save $500 and be upgraded... I dont think I would think about it to long. Personally I would do it unless the room you have is the absolute best room you want.

if you upgrade, there would then be more possibilities to get price reductions if there are still rooms available.

It would actually be up one deck (or up 2 decks) depending on Panorama or Spa Deck.

I don't think the Spa Cabins are anything special on the Conquest right? But would be nice to have balcony cabins right next to each other.

Would they be able to open the divider in the balcony for us? I think they can but just checking.

In order for the doors on the blaconies to be opened they have to be paired appropiatly. What I mean by this is that they both need to open in such away they do not obstruct the door allowing access to the balcony is not blocked. I know from the Lido deck of the Conquest class ships the pairing starts from the front 2 rooms (9294, 9290 Port side 9293, 9289 Starboard side) and move in pairs moving forward. The same rules would apply to all the balconies it is just a matter of knowing where the pattern starts.

In order for the doors on the blaconies to be opened they have to be paired appropiatly. What I mean by this is that they both need to open in such away they do not obstruct the door allowing access to the balcony is not blocked. I know from the Lido deck of the Conquest class ships the pairing starts from the front 2 rooms (9294, 9290 Port side 9293, 9289 Starboard side) and move in pairs moving forward. The same rules would apply to all the balconies it is just a matter of knowing where the pattern starts.

Thanks. The rooms on the Spa Balcony are next to each other but both cabins are connecting with the room next to them but ours would not be connecting and I think they the rooms are 2 and 3 from the front so would not be able to open. How tall are the partitions between the balconies? Would we be able to both sit out there and talk and have drinks?

I made a post about our experience with having cabins next to each other in a another thread. I feel it is better to have some separation as things can become awkward.

I would stay with what you have.

That is my opinion ansd experience and it doesn't mean much.

🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We made the switch. Got rooms next to each other on the Spa Deck. The Carnival site shows them as connecting rooms but the lady from Carnival said they don't have connecting rooms anymore so we will see once on board. I also got $503.60 in OBC so very happy about that.

We have travelled with this family before and the kids are all good friends. So, it will be nice to be next to each other so if the adults are out and the kids just want to hang out in the cabin we will be right next to each other.

I know I will miss being on Lido deck but $500 OBC and being next to our friends will be worth the switch. (and the extra walking will do us good)

We made the switch. Got rooms next to each other on the Spa Deck. The Carnival site shows them as connecting rooms but the lady from Carnival said they don't have connecting rooms anymore so we will see once on board. I also got $503.60 in OBC so very happy about that.

We have travelled with this family before and the kids are all good friends. So, it will be nice to be next to each other so if the adults are out and the kids just want to hang out in the cabin we will be right next to each other.

I know I will miss being on Lido deck but $500 OBC and being next to our friends will be worth the switch. (and the extra walking will do us good)

Which do they march out in the right pairing from the middle forwards. Just count by twos and you'll know. Also you can always say you are going to work out those few extra calories by walking up and down the stairs.

DW and I lost 5 lbs combine on our last cruise even with the drinking. I guess walking around all day and still hitting the gym helped.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app