How far has Celebrity fallen??

AliRob

How will I POSSIBLY endure yet another 15 night Celebrity Cruise... with free drinks every night... for only $649pp... while having to find SOME way to spend the $350 of OBC???

Woe, WOE, *W*O*E* is me...:(

The $649 isn't the end of the cost though is it, at least as much again for the airfare associated with a repo cruise.:D

Please enlighten us on how one gets free drink package on a TA cruise. Because until a few of your posts I did not believe it to be possible.

If you don't want to discuss on here my email is.

woody3155 (at) gmail (dot) (com)

He is Elite , coupons are great :p

He might be talking about the Elite cocktail party, think that because he said free drinks every night.

Yup, that's it. A Cosmo or Appletini wouldn't be my first choice, but they're not bad. :)

And like "Airbalancer" says, I'd much rather have the flexibility of the coupons instead of only the sky lounge.

Of course my FIRST CHOICE for cruising MIGHT be Crystal, Regent, or Seabourn, but Celebrity's not bad. :rolleyes:

The $649 isn't the end of the cost though is it, at least as much again for the airfare associated with a repo cruise.:D

To meet the Reflection for last fall's T/A, I booked a one way Delta flight to Rome through Choice Air for $508. Flights to Istanbul to meet the Constellation last year were only $439. My last flight to Heathrow to meet the Constellation the year before was $394.

This time it looks like Choice Air to Rome is $615. From my little Podunk airport, THAT's pretty good!

I couldn't ride my mountain bike to Boston, and paddle a kayak across the Atlantic for that low of a price. :D

Flexibility and shrewd shopping pays some incredible dividends. ;)

Edited by teecee60

I was on the 2014 Silhouette TA, and on the previous 2 TAs in 2013.

Being part of the Sunset Bar evening group was a great experience.

The food was great, as usual, with one MAJOR exception.

On the previous 2 TAs, Osso Bucco, (veal shanks) were served twice and were unbelievable good.

I was anticipating the next chance to enjoy this meal like one of Pavlov's dogs. Finally it appeared on the menu. What a disappointment; served on a carrot sauce was a wrap, containing shredded meat, standing upright to simulate the look of a bone. My tastebuds screamed at this insult.

When I went to the Senior Officers party I looked for the Executive Chef, but had to settle for the Hotel director to voice my displeasure. We chatted amicably and he agreed that the Osso Bucco replacement was sad, he considered the original version one of the best meals also. He noted my concern.

I also spoke with Dragisa, the Asst Maitre Dei, and he had heard similar complaints and indicated that the new dish would be renamed on future menus.

Yes, Celebrity has fallen in my eyes on this particular issue. On the other hand I will be on the Reflection TA this fall, in part to drown my sadness at the Sunset Bar with teecee and free Elite drinks.

Cheers to all and keep on cruisin'

Harald

The question is does the world need another run of the mill mass market line. Finacially it would have made more sense to keep Celebrity in that a cut above the rest nicht like it was. This is however what happens when you put people at the helm who do not really understand the product. Or who think in the same boxes.

The same thing happened when Carnival bought Cunard. Things went down the tube because they simply didn't know how to run a luxury line. Cunard never really recovered nor did their pricing.

I have been cruising for around 20 years as a passenger now and back when cruises were more expensive we Chose Celebrity over the others even if we paid extra because it was a better product. Now they have become too the same as the rest I don't care about loyalty anymore and THAT is going tot hurt them in the Long run.

After reviewing this previous post, I have had second thoughts about it, and about just HOW far Celebrity has fallen...

I am NO LONGER "READY" to book another Celebrity cruise...

I just BOOKED one. Another 15 nighter on Reflection in October.

I feel like such a whimp, caving in like this, and SO SOON (two weeks) after my recent Celebrity experience.

How will I POSSIBLY endure yet another 15 night Celebrity Cruise... with free drinks every night... for only $649pp... while having to find SOME way to spend the $350 of OBC???

Woe, WOE, *W*O*E* is me...:(

Nice job. How did you get the $649pp rate?

Yes, Celebrity has fallen in my eyes on this particular issue. On the other hand I will be on the Reflection TA this fall, in part to drown my sadness at the Sunset Bar with teecee and free Elite drinks.

Harald

...and together we shall (REPEATEDLY!) raise our plastic, in a toast to "the good ol' days..." ;) :p :D

Nice job. How did you get the $649pp rate?

One of the major on line travel agencies, whose name can not be mentioned, but who often have several reps and a desk on many Celebrity cruises, was having a sale this week. Insides for $649pp with $100 OBC. (the other $250 OBC is from stockholder benefit)

Balcony cabins were $899pp with $100 OBC, a complimentary specialty dinner, AND PREPAID GRATUITIES!!!

Which puts the BALCONY at $639/pp, with a total of $350 OBC! :eek:

..."But I like to deal directly with the cruise line so I can have control of my (ridiculously overpriced) booking..."

Edited by teecee60

...and together we shall (REPEATEDLY!) raise our plastic, in a toast to "the good ol' days..." ;) :p :D

One of the major on line travel agencies, whose name can not be mentioned, but who often have several reps and a desk on many Celebrity cruises, was having a sale this week. Insides for $649pp with $100 OBC. (the other $250 OBC is from stockholder benefit)

Balcony cabins were $899pp with $100 OBC, a complimentary specialty dinner, AND PREPAID GRATUITIES!!!

..."But I like to deal directly with the cruise line so I can have control of my (ridiculously overpriced) booking..."

OOPS... that should be $719pp NOT $639pp... :o

...which is STILL an incredible deal on a 15 night cruise on Celebrity's flagship! ;)

Thanks. If we didn't already have something booked for that time I would jump on that great deal!