Preziosa Dress Codes

Mrs Soap

Hi everyone,

Getting very excited and busy packing for our cruise.

Just a couple of questions regarding dress codes. Firstly we are travelling from Australia with our 9 and 10yrs old children and will be travelling for 5 weeks, so packing space is limited!

My understanding is there will be 2 formal nights on our 7 night cruise from venice- do we have to attend? or do we just eat in the buffet those nights?? I dont really want to pack formal gear for just 2 nights.

On normal nights , is just a normal skirt and top acceptable for me and pants and collared polo shirt ok for my husband??

Many thanks for any help

Kylie

Hi everyone,

Getting very excited and busy packing for our cruise.

Just a couple of questions regarding dress codes. Firstly we are travelling from Australia with our 9 and 10yrs old children and will be travelling for 5 weeks, so packing space is limited!

My understanding is there will be 2 formal nights on our 7 night cruise from venice- do we have to attend? or do we just eat in the buffet those nights?? I dont really want to pack formal gear for just 2 nights.

On normal nights , is just a normal skirt and top acceptable for me and pants and collared polo shirt ok for my husband??

Many thanks for any help

Kylie

The dress code on all MSC ships is "advisory", so you can wear anything reasonably smart on Gala nights and not feel out of place. You probably won't be allowed in the MDR in shorts, so your suggestion would be acceptable, even on formal nights

There will be two formal nights and i see no reason for you not to attend on the basis of dress code.

Pete

Thanks Pete,

I think we will just go with what we have got, I just didnt want to pack formal dress and suit. Happy to wear dress pants and skirts etc and understand no shorts and thongs is fine.

Thanks again

Kylie;)

Thanks Pete,

I think we will just go with what we have got, I just didnt want to pack formal dress and suit. Happy to wear dress pants and skirts etc and understand no shorts and thongs is fine.

Thanks again

Kylie;)

Ah you just made me laugh Kylie at the picture of passengers in thongs in the MDR....the first thing that comes to mind over here with that term, is somewhat different to what you meant. Thongs (Aus) = flip flops (UK &US). Not sure what Australians call what we call thongs......:)

Ah you just made me laugh Kylie at the picture of passengers in thongs in the MDR....the first thing that comes to mind over here with that term, is somewhat different to what you meant. Thongs (Aus) = flip flops (UK &US). Not sure what Australians call what we call thongs......:)

G-strings!

And they probably WOULD be turned away from the MDR if they turned up in thongs!

Oh too funny, I hadn't even thought of that! They are never called flip flops here, but i won't turn up in thongs or a thong! :eek:

No worries. Getting me to crack a smile never mind burst out laughing when I'm munching my breakfast before work is an achievement in itself. So thanks for starting my day off well!

• 1 month later...

I have to laugh .. I thought the same thing!! He he I have no flip flops though .. They chaff my toes!!

Is this the 5 July from Venice?

Will there be men in suits & girls in ball gowns though on formal nights ( gala nights? ) x

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Apart from the 2 Gala nights there are also 3 themed nights: "White" night, 60s/70s/80s night (you wouldn't notice the difference on this night!) and "Italian" night (people wear reds and/or greens reflecting the Italian flag colours)

Again, you can choose not to go along with these. DH and I do dress for the Gala - these nights are fab as there's a particularly great buzz on the ship. I also bought a dress with red flowers and green leaves for Italian night for my last cruise so that's that night sorted! The "White" night is even easier - white blouse or top and you're done!

It's only a seven night cruise! That is a lot of nights for one week! Thank you xx

Yes, 2 "Gala", 3 "Theme Party". The remaining 2 are "Casual" and "Informal" :)

Enjoy your cruise :D

I have to laugh .. I thought the same thing!! He he I have no flip flops though .. They chaff my toes!!

Is this the 5 July from Venice?

Will there be men in suits & girls in ball gowns though on formal nights ( gala nights? ) x

Suits are common on formal nights, dinner suits less common and full Highland Regalia seen very rarely. Never seen anyone in a ball gown on any of my MSC cruises. A few of us (myself included ) wear long gowns, a lot wear cocktail dresses or summer dresses with a bit of bling to glam tem up.

I never bother observing the white night, Italian night etc and neither do very many others.

Thank you ... That makes it much easier!! It's

Carls first cruise and he's not keen on suits but said he will try it this cruise in preparation for the transatlantic in nov on azura P&O xx

You're on holiday (vacation) - do what's comfortable for you!

Some people love to dress up (I fall into that category). Some like casual. All approaches are acceptable!

With regard to the "Theme nights" it depends on where you want to "hang out". I've found that, unlike other cruise lines (having experienced Carnival), the "Party" vibe is a little more understated on MSC. But I certainly loved feeling a part of it on the "Red, White & Green" and "White" nights in the lounges where the "Party" vibe was happening.