Explorer

She's going to be refurbished just after we get off her from what I understand, so my question is: How worn out are the cabins? I have read that some of the balconies have been redecorated but not the insides -- I have booked a pr.

She's going to be refurbished just after we get off her from what I understand, so my question is: How worn out are the cabins? I have read that some of the balconies have been redecorated but not the insides -- I have booked a pr.

Royal Caribbean really doesn't "redecorate" the cabins in the revitalizations. They replace things as needed.

For example:

I just did an Explorer B2B in March. I had to change cabins, so I can compare. In the first cabin, they had replaced the upholstery on the sofa and desk chair with fabric like the Oasis'. In the second cabin, the fabric wasn't worn, so it's the "old" stuff, the stuff that's in most RC cabins.

The balconies are actually the weak point on EOS. The marine officer (or whatever her title is) told me that RC won't give her the "right" paint for the balconies, so they always look somewhat shabby, even when recently painted.

But I had NO problems or complaints about either cabin. :)