Freedom

jzad

Someone posted that none of the kid's area was open yet, but that otherwise everything was fine.

Patiently waiting.....I wish someone would post some post 2.0 photos!

Lesson of the day, IMO, wait at least 4-6 weeks after the dry dock is finished to book that ship! I would be SO upset if I was on a cruise still under construction...

That's why I booked for August, figure all the bugs will be worked out by then!! I never book a ship directly after anything new, it takes a while to figure it all out.

I would love some pics though, I'm surprised nobody has posted any yet.:eek:

Not to be rude, but it was in the press release that the new kids area would not be open until the May 24 sailing. :) Although it does sound like some other kinks definitely were not worked out by first sailing (luggage issues).

I'm also dying for pics, and the current cruise doesn't get back until Sunday! And we leave on Thursday to drive to FLL! :D

We went on the Dream right out of dry dock and everything was completed. I wonder if there was some major issues that caused the workers to be delayed in finishing the upgrades:confused:

People, get over the wet luggage "issue" already. It's Florida, it rains everyday at 3PM all summer. The luggage is handled by the port workers until it gets on the ship. So if they left it out to get rained on, that is not Carnival's fault. It's the fault of the unionized dock worker's who didn't care enough to pull the luggage into the terminal building before it got soaked....

People, get over the wet luggage "issue" already. It's Florida, it rains everyday at 3PM all summer. The luggage is handled by the port workers until it gets on the ship. So if they left it out to get rained on, that is not Carnival's fault. It's the fault of the unionized dock worker's who didn't care enough to pull the luggage into the terminal building before it got soaked....

If Carnival contracts anyone to move luggage, Carnival is responsible for that luggage.

Regarding the Freedom 2.0+ upgrades, has anyone found an updated Deck Plan map anywhere?? :confused:

Maybe one of the recent cruisers could scan their deck plan map, IF it was an upgraded version??:confused:

Carnival did update the Freedom's descriptions and amenities on the Freedom web page, but not the deck plans.?? What's up with that??:rolleyes:

If Carnival contracts anyone to move luggage, Carnival is responsible for that luggage.

Sure I'll give you that, they should have offered to help those affected by wet luggage.. offered to wash/dry clean if needed. Some people noted their luggage was wet, did none of those people ask for such service?

More to the point is the wet luggage has absolutely NO relationship to the Freedom's updates, so lumping it in as an issue along with the uncompleted dry dock work is wrong.

What about Tandoori - is it still here? or has it been removed because of all the 2.0 upgrades?

Thanks in advance.

T.

Some one over on J Heald facebook page said Tandoor grille was gone. Boohoo, to that. I am not a fan of hamburgers, so not so excited about Guy's, though I may have to try one just see what they are like for myself. But I am looking forward to Blue Iguana.

As far as what is said on facebook, I dont always place much credence in those statements, but so far it is the only comment that I have seen or heard about whether it is still there on not. I wouldnt be surprised if it was gone though, while it had some fans, there were a lot of people who didnt even know it was there.

Some one over on J Heald facebook page said Tandoor grille was gone. Boohoo, to that. I am not a fan of hamburgers, so not so excited about Guy's, though I may have to try one just see what they are like for myself. But I am looking forward to Blue Iguana.

As far as what is said on facebook, I dont always place much credence in those statements, but so far it is the only comment that I have seen or heard about whether it is still there on not. I wouldnt be surprised if it was gone though, while it had some fans, there were a lot of people who didnt even know it was there.

Yes, boohoo to that. I was so hoping it would still be there. I guess I will have to see for my self in two weeks. I did not try Guy's while on the Breeze, but I did partake in Blue Iguana-which was excellent! ;)

Regarding the Freedom 2.0+ upgrades, has anyone found an updated Deck Plan map anywhere?? :confused:

Maybe one of the recent cruisers could scan their deck plan map, IF it was an upgraded version??:confused:

Carnival did update the Freedom's descriptions and amenities on the Freedom web page, but not the deck plans.?? What's up with that??:rolleyes:

nice to know I am not the only one looking and not finding the deck plans! I am trying to make a rotating M&G bar scedule and it would be nice to know what is there and what isn't there to do so :cool: Runnin out of time since we sail in 2 weeks!

Crunchy05, would you please come back after your cruise, to let us know if it is actually there or not. I just rather hear from someone who has been on the ship since the upgrades and seen for themselves.

Thanks, and I really am looking forward to the Blue Iguana.:)

Crunchy05, would you please come back after your cruise, to let us know if it is actually there or not. I just rather hear from someone who has been on the ship since the upgrades and seen for themselves.

Thanks, and I really am looking forward to the Blue Iguana.:)

I sure will. I sail June 1st. Yippie!