Freedom

jzad

Sure I'll give you that, they should have offered to help those affected by wet luggage.. offered to wash/dry clean if needed. Some people noted their luggage was wet, did none of those people ask for such service?

More to the point is the wet luggage has absolutely NO relationship to the Freedom's updates, so lumping it in as an issue along with the uncompleted dry dock work is wrong.

I wasn't clear - the first sailing a ship is back in port, with some likely new staff, and new flow/new spaces are bound to cause some hiccups. And I actually wasn't referring to the wet luggage, but I had read that Priority luggage (suites, platinum, FTTF, etc) didn't get sorted correctly and was delivered late®. My fault for not making that clear.

I hit the single digit dance today! Almost there

If Carnival contracts anyone to move luggage, Carnival is responsible for that luggage.

Those porters are port authority employees, not contracted cruiseline employees. As for the wet luggage, someone who actually experienced it posted here that it wasn't that big of a deal. Don't know what that has to do with the Freedom drydock specifically unless the bags got wet on the ship due to the recent changes specifically.:rolleyes:

Edited by cruizinisthebest

Some one over on J Heald facebook page said Tandoor grille was gone. Boohoo, to that. I am not a fan of hamburgers, so not so excited about Guy's, though I may have to try one just see what they are like for myself. But I am looking forward to Blue Iguana.

As far as what is said on facebook, I dont always place much credence in those statements, but so far it is the only comment that I have seen or heard about whether it is still there on not. I wouldnt be surprised if it was gone though, while it had some fans, there were a lot of people who didnt even know it was there.

Now this would really upset me! JH personally answered me back, during the time we were waiting for upgrade announcement, that he could address things that were staying and that it was. I've been counting on it! Would it ruin my cruise, no, but it would enhance it to be there August 24!

My friend belongs to a carnival FB page, not sure which one, and she saw a video someone uploaded on their embarkment day. Beautiful!

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Now this would really upset me! JH personally answered me back, during the time we were waiting for upgrade announcement, that he could address things that were staying and that it was. I've been counting on it! Would it ruin my cruise, no, but it would enhance it to be there August 24!

My friend belongs to a carnival FB page, not sure which one, and she saw a video someone uploaded on their embarkment day. Beautiful!

I remember reading somewhere that he had said it would be staying, so this is why I would like to hear from someone who has actually been on the ship since the drydock and seen whether it is there or not.

I loved the tandoor grill when I was on the Freedom four years ago, and on an 8 day cruise, I had lunch there 4 or 5 times at least. If it is gone, I will miss it very much. But I wont let it ruin my cruise either. Lots of choices at lunchtime, but I will miss it big time.

My cruise is not till November, so I guess I will find out eventually.

I remember reading somewhere that he had said it would be staying, so this is why I would like to hear from someone who has actually been on the ship since the drydock and seen whether it is there or not.

I loved the tandoor grill when I was on the Freedom four years ago, and on an 8 day cruise, I had lunch there 4 or 5 times at least. If it is gone, I will miss it very much. But I wont let it ruin my cruise either. Lots of choices at lunchtime, but I will miss it big time.

My cruise is not till November, so I guess I will find out eventually.

Tandoor is easily my favorite dinning option. I too would be disappointed. I have been bragging about how good the food is. I would hate not to be able to have some.

I am especially interested in where on deck 5 the Red Frog Pub went?

The Red Frog Pub is where the old Club O2 used to be between the cafe and dance club on Deck 5. The Club O2 moved to a conference room on Deck 4 (per John Heald). John Heald posted a pic of the Freedom Red Frog Pub recently (I re-posted it on another thread here on CC).

The Red Frog Pub is where the old Club O2 used to be between the cafe and dance club on Deck 5. The Club O2 moved to a conference room on Deck 4 (per John Heald). John Heald posted a pic of the Freedom Red Frog Pub recently (I re-posted it on another thread here on CC).

Ah, I found it again.

10253758_740519522657278_7700187148617838137_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
there are a couple reviews in the review section but some are not good. people not happy about the rain and certain areas not ready or open during their sailing.

I can understand that. I think I would have switched dates or ships if I knew that would happen to me. Other people have commented it's not a good idea to go for about a month after update. But rain? That's out of our hands. Enjoy the ship, read a book. I know we pay money and have high expectations, but some things are unpredictable. We once or twice have missed ports due to high winds etc. very disappointed, but rolled with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hoping Crunchy comes back and talks about Freedom 2.0 experience!!!

Have watched the video. The small thing that so surprised me? I've been on Glory, so got to experience Guys and Blue, but I never knew you could walk around back and sit at pub tables facing the water!! That's where I'll be!!!

Hoping Crunchy comes back and talks about Freedom 2.0 experience!!!

Have watched the video. The small thing that so surprised me? I've been on Glory, so got to experience Guys and Blue, but I never knew you could walk around back and sit at pub tables facing the water!! That's where I'll be!!!

Crunchy has a review posted. I think 3 people posted reviews from the June 1st sailing. Love love love Alchemy. Love love love the Blue Iguana burritos and tacos. Loved Guys. There are my top 3.

The Arcade opened up while on the June 1 sailing. I have to admit that my favorite things on the ship were Guy's Burgers and Blue Iguana Cantina. The Serenity area was a nice get away from all of the action.

Carnival is running a gift card promotion for Father's Day. If you're about to pay off a cruise with more than $200 it's worth check this out. 10% back to you in the form of a gift card. Use as OBC!!