UBP Price Increase

SeaShark

But neither did you in your OP... and we see what a huff that caused.

Goose/Gander?!?!?

Sorry...I presented fact. Nothing based on my opinion, guess, or "reading between the lines" (again...see post #45).

FWIW...The "huff" wasn't caused by me, that was a result of doubters who just wanted a chance to argue. Those who understand who posts facts and who speculates on these boards understood the difference. Others just have to learn the hard way...its no skin off of my back.

If you are going to require documented sources for information you should be prepared to do the same whenever you post as well. Don't you think?

Yes I did, but that doesn't change the fact that you recommend reacting (just in case) to a rumor as equating to a bargain.

So you still haven't explained how the rumor equates to a bargain for anyone in anycase.

I'll wait while you catch your breath.

Why does everyone have to type in slow motion for you? I'd be better off having a 3 year old explain my post.

And I know nothing about a rumor. I was actually making a joke, and if you could sit your huffiness down for one little minute (which you probably haven't done in your life), you might see that. Go breathe, live, and learn to have some fun, ya fuddy duddy.

Sorry...I presented fact. Nothing based on my opinion, guess, or "reading between the lines" (again...see post #45).

FWIW...The "huff" wasn't caused by me, that was a result of doubters who just wanted a chance to argue. Those who understand who posts facts and who speculates on these boards understood the difference. Others just have to learn the hard way...its no skin off of my back.

If you are going to require documented sources for information you should be prepared to do the same whenever you post as well. Don't you think?

I'm not saying you didn't post facts. I'm saying you offered nothing in your post to indicate is was nothing other than pure speculation. Do you see the difference?

I see some humor in this !!

If you "newbies" hang around these boards for a while, you will learn who posts facts and who posts garbage. It takes a while---- so be patient with your responses and you will see the results.

I have been accused of lying almost as much as Shark has, and am reluctant to post a lot of things.

I think it is better to be informed than opinionated.

I see some humor in this !!

If you "newbies" hang around these boards for a while, you will learn who posts facts and who posts garbage. It takes a while---- so be patient with your responses and you will see the results.

I have been accused of lying almost as much as Shark has, and am reluctant to post a lot of things.

I think it is better to be informed than opinionated.

Let's be clear about something... Nobody accused SeaShark of lying. Period.

I don't see where the humor is. No offense, but you're coming off a little arrogant here.

Let's be clear about something... Nobody accused SeaShark of lying. Period.

I don't see where the humor is. No offense, but you're coming off a little arrogant here.

Thank you for the astute assessment of my problem. Is this an opinion or information.

I'm not saying you didn't post facts. I'm saying you offered nothing in your post to indicate is was nothing other than pure speculation. Do you see the difference?

Honestly, I think YOU don't see the difference.

"The price is going to increase." (That is a statement of fact).

"I think the price is going to increase." (That is a statement of opinion/speculation).

"If you read between the lines..." (That is a statement of opinion/speculation).

You can continue to dance around the speculators. I'll stand behind the facts.

You seem to be inferring that you want documented sources...nothing wrong with that as long as that standard is required from ALL posters.

NCL probably doesn't need to include bottled water since the tap water on NCL ships is very good.

I guess I will just bring a canteen so I can take some of that delicious water pool side or ashore. Celebrity's tap water must suck. They not only include bottled water, they include Arizona Iced tea, cans of soda, Cappuccinos and espressos.

Edited by NYcruzzer

Looked on NCL site so they are asking 54.00 for pre booked UBP...looks like for beers/wines/spirits/etc for up to 10.00

Is that correct?

What did the UBP used to be? Have no cruised with NCL yet

Post #39 - in this thread - has the exact working of the old and new packages. ;)

I really wish the bottled water was included. I love that it is included in RCI's package - gotta stay hydrated and its super helpful for days in port.

I am undecided on whether to do this package or not. Will probably end up doing it, but if there was a higher priced package that included water would totally do it, as lame as that sounds. I like the package for the convenience, not because of any huge cost savings.

I don't think it sounds lame at all! I too would absolutely buy it IF it included the bottled water. Without the water it is just to pricey IMO.

I guess I will just bring a canteen so I can take some of that delicious water pool side or ashore. Celebrity's tap water must suck. They not only include bottled water, they include Arizona Iced tea, cans of soda, Cappuccinos and espressos.

LOL @ the canteen!

I don't think it sounds lame at all! I too would absolutely buy it IF it included the bottled water. Without the water it is just to pricey IMO.

LOL @ the canteen!

My DH and I decided I believe to not get the package. If it could just be me getting the package, I definitely would, but he definitely would not drink enough to make it worth the cost. And with no bottled water, I think that it's just too expensive. We might try using the money we would save for getting a better room

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My DH and I decided I believe to not get the package. If it could just be me getting the package, I definitely would, but he definitely would not drink enough to make it worth the cost. And with no bottled water, I think that it's just too expensive. We might try using the money we would save for getting a better room

I don't blame you. The lack of bottled water is a total deal breaker for us as well. Such a shame it's not even an option. I would rather have the water as opposed to the soda.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by cruisecrazy82

I don't blame you. The lack of bottled water is a total deal breaker for us as well. Such a shame it's not even an option.

I wish they would have kept the package the way it was, I hardly drink any premium stuff anyhow and I don't benefit from the new package :( but I'm sad because I hate doing stuff alacarte and all the card swiping and signing

I wish they would have kept the package the way it was, I hardly drink any premium stuff anyhow and I don't benefit from the new package :( but I'm sad because I hate doing stuff alacarte and all the card swiping and signing

You still have to swipe and sign every drink on the UBP !

I don't blame you. The lack of bottled water is a total deal breaker for us as well. Such a shame it's not even an option. I would rather have the water as opposed to the soda.

Perhaps NCL should include a refillable water bottle with the package as the amount of bottled water consumed and the garbage that this would create would be problematic.

Perhaps NCL should include a refillable water bottle with the package as the amount of bottled water consumed and the garbage that this would create would be problematic.

I think that this is not really a problem, considering all the other potential garbage they have. I know for a fact that RCI offered bottled water with their lowest package rate, which I believe is around the price of the new NCL package. However, RCI doesn't include juice in their lowest priced package like NCL does. I feel like the bottled water is more important but maybe some people prefer to have juice. I think that weigh the amount you have to drink to make the package worth it, you need the bottled water to be able to function the next day. ;)

I think that this is not really a problem, considering all the other potential garbage they have. I know for a fact that RCI offered bottled water with their lowest package rate, which I believe is around the price of the new NCL package. However, RCI doesn't include juice in their lowest priced package like NCL does. I feel like the bottled water is more important but maybe some people prefer to have juice. I think that weigh the amount you have to drink to make the package worth it, you need the bottled water to be able to function the next day. ;)

I think this is where people are confused with the issue of bottled water. The tap water on the ships is perfectly fine, and not just okay, but filtered many many times and is as good as and tastes just like bottled water. Bring a bottle with you, and fill it in your cabin for shore excursions or use the glass in your cabin when you're there.