Safes in Volendam?

Fog123

I keep catching glimpses of using magnetic strip cards to lock the safes in the rooms using cards with magnetic strips, but not how to actually do it.

We've had safes in rooms that were credit card based, but it sounds like it doesn't need to be a credit card, just something with a magnetic strip.

Do you then carry that card with you all the time? I found a Hilton hotel room card in my desk today, would that work? Would any card work or once you protein it with a particular card it only works with that one?

We have terrible luck with the credit card safes, seems like the batteries are always dying or that the safe stops recognising the card.

Just curious. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

The magnetic stripe on hotel keys tend to be lower quality and more prone to demagnetization. If you have a store discount card, AAA card, or something similar, it would be better.

Our last cruise in March on The Volendam I used a frequent flier card for the safe and kept it hidden in the cabin. Worked fine for all 28 days. I do prefer the 4 digit code.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I keep catching glimpses of using magnetic strip cards to lock the safes in the rooms using cards with magnetic strips, but not how to actually do it.

We've had safes in rooms that were credit card based, but it sounds like it doesn't need to be a credit card, just something with a magnetic strip.

Do you then carry that card with you all the time? I found a Hilton hotel room card in my desk today, would that work? Would any card work or once you protein it with a particular card it only works with that one?

We have terrible luck with the credit card safes, seems like the batteries are always dying or that the safe stops recognising the card.

Just curious. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Wow, I've never even heard of a "credit card safe". How on earth does it work?

And is this what I'll have on the Westerdam? I may rethink what all I'm bringing to avoid having to use the safe if so...

Wow, I've never even heard of a "credit card safe". How on earth does it work?

And is this what I'll have on the Westerdam? I may rethink what all I'm bringing to avoid having to use the safe if so...

Westerdam is a number pad code safe. Not to worry.

The safes the OP is talking about lock and unlock using a magnetic key card. You can use any card that has a mag tape strip.