Port Canaveral

briarjumper

drop car off at car rental place and they will shuttle you to the port. check with the location to see what shuttle times are. in four cruises from pc we have had shuttle that will leave at 10 and some at 11 depending on the day of the week and the activity in port. when getting off the ship on your return go to rental car location outside of ship and the shuttle will be waiting or back shortly.

keep in mind that if you sail out on Saturday or sunday the port will be busy so the rental car places will be too so you may have to wait in line at the rental facility.

I've read about people who call a cab from the rental car agency to get to the ship if the lines are really long or if the shuttle isn't leaving until after 11 or 12

We have FTTF and would really like to get to the ship fairly early. This may sound silly, but if the shuttle isn't going to the ship before that time, how do we find a cab company should we decide to just take a cab instead of waiting for the shuttle to take us to the ship?

Do we just google cab companies and pick one? Probably a silly question, but I've never called a cab :rolleyes: so I don't know LOL

888 taxi has the port contract . . .

everyone else pays a surcharge to get into the port for drop off and ONLY they can pickup in the port.

http://cab888.com/

I did NOT say they were the best cab company

Could you elaborate on that for me? Are they difficult? Expensive? dishonest?

Am I better to contact someone else?

Only worried about getting to the port from rental car agency. I am going to rent a car for the return as well, but planned on taking the rental company's shuttle from the port for that portion as we will not be in any hurry to get to the airport. (flight isn't until 4:30 pm)

Could you elaborate on that for me? Are they difficult? Expensive? dishonest?

Am I better to contact someone else?

Only worried about getting to the port from rental car agency. I am going to rent a car for the return as well, but planned on taking the rental company's shuttle from the port for that portion as we will not be in any hurry to get to the airport. (flight isn't until 4:30 pm)

I can only speak for our experience.......

When we were in PC in April we arrived a day early and wanted to go over to the restaurants at the port to watch the Saturday cruiseships leave. Since we both wanted to enjoy some cocktails we called them to take us over. Both drivers we had were very nice and very punctual on pickup and return. Their cabs were no better or worse than other companies I have used in the area....

But I do know they have the "contract" for the port because I believe the owner of the company is on some kind of Board over there.....(or something like that).....

Hope this helps......