Any Scotch drinkers out there?

neptuno

There is a link to the original post by Celebrity in Sloop JohnB's message in post #11 above. I'll repeat the relevant portion below:

Originally Posted by Sloop-JohnB

You will want to check out the "Official Celebrity Beverage Package" List for the Classic & Premium Packages that was posted May 28, 2014 (last time there was a major change) by CC Member CELEBRITY CRUISES who is a Social Media Rep for the cruiseline

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048745

This will at least tell you which brands fall into which Bevvy Pkg...

[end Quote]

--- --- ---

Follow that link and look at the PDF files attached to the first message in that thread.

Thanks Larry...

I reiterate, for anyone reading this topic, the OFFICIAL Celebrity Listings can be found in the post by CELEBRITY CRUISES at = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048745

Any other lists may not be complete... As they could be merely showing what a particular ship on a particular cruise sailing has available (depending upon where in the world they are - Consumption / Restocking issues - or just Pax preferences)

Here then a cut & paste from the OFFICIAL Celebrity List which was published here on CC on May 28, 2014

Classic Pkg

Scotch = Cutty Sark, Old Black Bush, Chivas, Glenfiddich, Old Bushmills, Famous Grouse, Bell's, Johnny Walker Red, Dewars White Label, J&B

Bourbon / Brandy = Jim Beam, Bour Deluxe, Napoleon, Cles Des Ducs VSOP, Martell VS, Blanton's, Makers Mark, Barsol Pisco, Carlos 1, Metaxa 5 Star Classic, Jack Daniels, Jack Daniels Honey

Cdn Whiskey = Canadian Club, Seagram 7, Seagram VO, Crown Royal

Premium Pkg

Scotch = Cutty Sark, Old Black Bush, Bell's, Chivas , Dewar's, Glenfiddich, J&B, Johnnie Walker Red & Black, Old Bushmills, Famous Grouse, Jameson, Glenlivet, Chivas Century, Dalwhinnie, Lagavulin, Laphroaig 10 Yrs, Jameson 12yr Special Reserve, Dewar's 12 Yrs., Macallan, Highland Park 12 yrs, Cragganmore , Jameson Gold

Bourbon / Brandy = Jim Beam, Blanton's, Makers Mark, Jack Daniels, Jack Daniels Honey, Bookers, Knob Creek, Basil Hayden, Woodford Reserve, Bakers, Napoleon, Barsol , Pisco, Courvoisier VS, Martell VS, Carlos 1, Courvoisier VSOP, Martell VSOP,Remy Martin VSOP

Cdn Wiskey = Canadian Club, Seagram 7, Seagram VO, Crown Royal

NOTE - In the "fine print" of your Cruise Contract you will find that Celebrity reserves the right to make changes to the cruise or services aboard... This is precisely why there is nothing that promises that all of the list will be available on every cruise... Or that elements cannot change (something move from one list to another... Or off entirely). Also means there could be a price increase in items if they are not bought on a Bevy Pkg etc

This is part of the reason in the past that Celebrity has been reluctant to publish such lists on their website.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I really love no like single malt and find the Premium

Package has enough choice for me,

Glenmorangie and McClallen I can put up with,

In the UK asda just wrongly priced a beautiful fifteen

year old Glenmorangie Malt at £15 ($24) so bought the lot

they only had 6 bottles been scouring Asdas (Walmart in the USA)

For more but without success 😎😎

interesting topic....I assume this will be a safe place to ask this here

I want to like Scotch...I don't know why, but I enjoy Whiskey and for some reason I want to enjoy Scotch

If I'm a Whiskey drinker(Makers....mixed w/coke, straight or rocks(stones)), what would be a good leap to entering the Scotch world and how would you make it?

I have the premium package on a Med cruise coming up and figured this would be the time to try.

Try anything from the Highlands. Went to Scotland on a self-drive tour of the distilleries :D Tried every region ......don`t try Isla first for you will end up not liking Scotch.....I love the peaty in the cold winter, but I had to work my tastebuds up to it.