Just Returned from Fortuna

Jo42

Another great Costa cruise. Quite a bit busier than our 'off' season trips, but to be expected - lots of children. Adult only pool and hot tubs full of kids and my husband found some 'sleeping' teens in the buffet area at 6.00am when he went for an early breakfast on one morning!

Our cabin was kept clean and tidy with fresh towels at least twice a day. The food was excellent in the main resturaunt - if a little slow! The buffet ranged from excellent to ok depending on your taste in specialities eg Italian, Mexican (great), French, German (ok).

Ports of call were great except Palermo where once again we did not do an excursion but went into town alone - only got ourselves to blame as those who did the excursions had a great time. We really enjoyed Tunis despite being a bit nervous about this port of call - we took the Tunis and Shopping Tour and although too short (4hrs total) we had a great time. Loved Provence and Palma and had fun in Barcelona.

Never found the smoke to be a problem although my daughter did on a few occasions.

If anyone has any q's I'll be happy to answer.

Welcome back, Jo42 & family! Interested to know how your experiences compare to the Magica in May. BTW, did you get any great deals in Tunis? I was disappointed that our tour didn't give us much time to venture off in the market (even though I probably would have been super-nervous if they did). Feel like I missed out, but didn't want to do the 'shopping only' tour either. Oh well, can't have it all! Will be watching for your future postings.

Going on the Fortuna in October. Any suggestions re tours? Do we go on our own as many have suggested or do we buy the tour packages? Can we make up our mind once on board? Hoping to meet like minded people to maybe go on our own with but we only speak English so that may be daunting.

I will be on the same cruise Sept. 11.

Flying into nice, arranged air myself.

Can you please provide me with some details of your trip. Where did you stay the night prior to the cruise, transportation means, etc?

I'm looking at booking a hotel for the night before the cruise, and I'm not sure if I want to travel the extra distance from Nice to Genova or if I should stay in Savona.

Has anyone every stayed at the Hotel Riviera Suisse? Or any other hotels in Savona for that matter?

Can you please tell me what time the earliest disembaration would be?

I need to arrange transportation post cruise with train schedules and was wondering what the earliest possible disembarkation time would be?

thank you.

I got back yesterday from this brilliant cruise. Would definitely recommend doing the tours - they seem expensive but are worth the money as you can't possibly see as much doing it alone. We tried to in Palermo and it was a mistake. The tour of Barcelona was excellent, as were Pompeii and Aix En Provence. Food and service were both wonderful. I went with Costa last year too and would recommend them to anyone. My only gripe - take your own shampoo!

Archived