!!! BREEZE !!! Western Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

The sailboat excursion looks so fun!! Congrats on your team win lol

I agree with your comments about the Triumph. No reason for her to look like that.

That was a lot of fun, quite honestly I we were not expecting to win.

I didn't know about the towel animals on deck either, my kids loved seeing your pictures with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If it was not for the TV I would had missed it as well, good thing I checked that channel each time I turned on the TV.

Just an observation as I was on your same sailing:::

Rust or no rust, the Triumph crew were very festive as guest exited the ship to enjoy a port day. There was music and they got the crowd pumped up for a great day. When we returned to the Breeze I hung out on my balcony for a bit, which faced the Triumph. As the shipped sailed out of the port they were still having a great party. The music was pumping and I was clapping and dancing on my balcony right along with them. The Breeze was silent in comparison when we sailed away.

Thank you for commenting on that, the couple on my shore excursion was on the Triumph and they said they loved it.

Loving the review, the pictures and your enthusiasm, Gambee! I will be doing the same itinerary in July. I will be taking my kids on a Native Way Stingray excursion while my husband dives. They emphasize 9 am Eastern Standard Time. I have read reviews where there has been confusion with the time. How is the ship running as far as time goes? Do they change to island time or will they stay on Miami time ( Eastern time)? Thanks!

Lisa

Loving the review, the pictures and your enthusiasm, Gambee! I will be doing the same itinerary in July. I will be taking my kids on a Native Way Stingray excursion while my husband dives. They emphasize 9 am Eastern Standard Time. I have read reviews where there has been confusion with the time. How is the ship running as far as time goes? Do they change to island time or will they stay on Miami time ( Eastern time)? Thanks!

Lisa

The ship stayed in the Miami Eastern time during our sailing, and it arrived to GC at 8am. If you go to the waiting area at 7:50 you should be among the first people to leave the ship. Don't worry you will be fine :)

So just so you know after the race is probably the best time to get pictures and not like me during the race. I almost cost my team the race, by pulling the camera every 5 seconds to take pictures.

Do you still have your GoPro?? You could have strapped that to your head!! No muss, no fuss, and you'd have had your hands free for all that grinding. Great job by the way!! Looks like a lot of fun (and hard work).

I've been a silent reader of your review, but being Canadian I just had to come out and say, WOOOO, Go Team Canada!! Of course we won, ahaha ;)

But really, I'm glad you had a great time!

I'll be looking forward to the next installment of your review!

Just an observation as I was on your same sailing:::

Rust or no rust, the Triumph crew were very festive as guest exited the ship to enjoy a port day. There was music and they got the crowd pumped up for a great day. When we returned to the Breeze I hung out on my balcony for a bit, which faced the Triumph. As the shipped sailed out of the port they were still having a great party. The music was pumping and I was clapping and dancing on my balcony right along with them. The Breeze was silent in comparison when we sailed away.

I think that has a lot to do with jen baxter the cd. She is a hoot. Some dont like her because of her voice or queen waive. But she is pretty good cruise director.

I am so happy that you did the America's Cup excursion! You have mentioned a number of times how much you loved sailing, so it seemed like a no brainer to me,

I sailed a lot when I was younger, even owned several smaller sailboats. Of course they were no comparison to the America's cup yachts! It had been a bucket list item for me for a long time to sail on an America's Cup yacht. I finally got my chance in St Maarten. I loved it just as much as you did! I, however, did not manage to take any pictures or video while we were sailing. I think if I had tried, both me and my camera would have ended up going overboard!

I had the same job as you, main grinder. My biggest problem was that I am pretty short, thus my arms are short. It was hard for me to reach the far side of the crank without hitting myself with the handle that was coming towards me. I did end up with a couple of bruises, but I had such a good time I didn't care. I absolutely loved being able to be involved in sailing the boat! I was also on the Canadian boat, True North, and we came from behind to win our race, too!

I totally loved the excursion. I am sure it is one I will repeat at some point. It was just that much fun! I am so glad that you enjoyed it, too! Not only did you enjoy your excursion, but you got some pretty amazing pictures as well!

Edited by perfect match

Great review!! I, too, love Sony Cameras and now you have me shopping for a new one for the Illustration effect! I started this at 8pm and it is now 2:42am and I have caught up. Can't wait for the rest! Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to let us cruise vicariously with you.:)

Do you still have your GoPro?? You could have strapped that to your head!! No muss, no fuss, and you'd have had your hands free for all that grinding. Great job by the way!! Looks like a lot of fun (and hard work).

I actually never owned a Gopro, I have thought of buying one in the past. But the picture quality and lack of controls always set me back. I guess for excursion like the one I like to do they would be simply amazing and convenient. But, they also come with a high price tag, not to mention that you have to buy all the accessories and such. But you're definitely right, on a day like that one a gopro would had been a Godsend.

I've been a silent reader of your review, but being Canadian I just had to come out and say, WOOOO, Go Team Canada!! Of course we won, ahaha ;)

But really, I'm glad you had a great time!

I'll be looking forward to the next installment of your review!

Great time and winning really was the icing on the cake, I was not expecting it. Thank you for posting it is greatly appreciated.

I think that has a lot to do with jen baxter the cd. She is a hoot. Some dont like her because of her voice or queen waive. But she is pretty good cruise director.

I have never been a CD follower, but I have noticed that they do have an impact on the cruise. You could be right, after all they plan all the activities and such.

Gambee, All i can say is Amazing!! love your pictures and review. We sailed on the Breeze last year and would love to sail her again soon.

Thank you :). She is definitely on my list for another itinerary, either eastern or Southern exotic.

I am so happy that you did the America's Cup excursion! You have mentioned a number of times how much you loved sailing, so it seemed like a no brainer to me,

I sailed a lot when I was younger, even owned several smaller sailboats. Of course they were no comparison to the America's cup yachts! It had been a bucket list item for me for a long time to sail on an America's Cup yacht. I finally got my chance in St Maarten. I loved it just as much as you did! I, however, did not manage to take any pictures or video while we were sailing. I think if I had tried, both me and my camera would have ended up going overboard!

I had the same job as you, main grinder. My biggest problem was that I am pretty short, thus my arms are short. It was hard for me to reach the far side of the crank without hitting myself with the handle that was coming towards me. I did end up with a couple of bruises, but I had such a good time I didn't care. I absolutely loved being able to be involved in sailing the boat! I was also on the Canadian boat, True North, and we came from behind to win our race, too!

I totally loved the excursion. I am sure it is one I will repeat at some point. It was just that much fun! I am so glad that you enjoyed it, too! Not only did you enjoy your excursion, but you got some pretty amazing pictures as well!

I can only imagine the work it took to do the main grinder job with small arms, that must have been something else. On one occasion I lost hold of one of the handles and it hit me really hard on the hand. It was definitely and experience of a life time, I will most likely do it again. Not sure when though, if we go St. Maarten there are ton of things that we have to do prior that.

Great review!! I, too, love Sony Cameras and now you have me shopping for a new one for the Illustration effect! I started this at 8pm and it is now 2:42am and I have caught up. Can't wait for the rest! Thank you for taking time from your busy schedule to let us cruise vicariously with you.:)

You're very welcome, glad that you're having a good time reading the review :).

What happens next is that they take you to the RCCL dock because that is where their store is. Here you have the option to purchase shirts, hats, pictures and whatnot. I was honestly planning on buying something, but I wanted a nice hat or a model ship. But I did not like the hat, and they had no model ships. Then you are offered to be taken back by boat, or you can stay there and walk to the Carnival pier. It is a short 5 minute walk.

I was not planning on walking and I was pretty hungry.

Day5-255_zpsb033ca48.jpg

Something that I have missed in the past is this direct access to the water from there. There is no cost or anything, you can go in the water and snorkel right there. Remember this is the RCCL and X Dock. The one thing to note is that I is quite dangerous getting out, that girl needed assistance to get out at then end. I have to keep this in mind next time I go to Cozumel, it seems like a good place to snorkel after you're done with your shore excursion.

Day5-254_zps0b000424.jpg

Day5-256_zpsa08f6b82.jpg

Most of them stayed there and just a couple of us headed back.