!!! BREEZE !!! Western Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Great pictures from Cozumel my friend! That excursion you did looks like a blast! :)

Thank you again Chris, it was a real blast. I might look into something similar here in Ft.

The Deli is one of the venues located towards the back of the buffet, near the main dessert selection.

Day5-306_zps760b1b32.jpg

Hi Gambee :)

Ahhhhhhh.... I see you located where to get that smoked salmon on a bagel

other than room service breakfast. I always turn that 'cold selection'

into a hot selection & have them grill it as they would do to a grilled reuben

sandwich, yum! The deli on Carnival is indeed a nice feature.

My wife & I are loving your review! We'll be on the Breeze for a 14-day

voyage next May.

:)

Wonderful review! Brings back memories.

I took over 1,400 pix on my Breeze cruise. My group is luckily just as photo-happy as I am. I did a little searching and found a photoshop action that has a cartoon/comic effect that looks similar to your camera's mode. Going to give it a shot! I am on my forth Olympus (tg-1) and love them so I won't be switching to Sony just for an effect.

My group went to the Italian restaurant on the last night and they brought us one of everything on the menu. We all ordered what we wanted then they filled in with entrees that weren't ordered so we could try them. Same with desserts! Great service!

Also the live music acts around the ship were wonderful. Very talented musicians. We especially loved the guitarist in the Red Frog pub. Amy I think was her name. We spent a lot of time out on the deck of the pub. The slider booth was our go-to for relaxing escape from the sun. I agree that deck 5 needs some shade.

Thanks you for your review! Going to read all of them. I'm taking my first solo cruise in January but there's no roll call action yet. Glad your solo experience worked out!

Service was good, friendly and fast. The food was just ok, I got the grouper sandwich, I really think that was not grouper. That is my favorite fish, but it just did not seem like grouper. My mom got the same, and my aunt got a burrito which she loved.

Unique venues like this get a lot more traffic than the neighboring ones. I will say that I would not had eaten there otherwise. I actually had an amazing grouper sandwich once driving to Key Largo in a tinny shack in the middle of nowhere. Much better than this place and for 1/2 the price. But I guess you pay for atmosphere here?

When we visited the Keys many years ago, we also had the best grouper sandwich in a tinny shack in the middle of nowhere. You could have made a couple sandwiches from it.

Gambee, let me say that I have followed your past reviews. I don't think I commented on them, but I have always loved them.

I watched your videos on this one, and thoroughly loved them. Your photos are outstanding.

I still have to catch up on this review, but just wanted to say thank you.

I actually never owned a Gopro, I have thought of buying one in the past. But the picture quality and lack of controls always set me back. I guess for excursion like the one I like to do they would be simply amazing and convenient. But, they also come with a high price tag, not to mention that you have to buy all the accessories and such. But you're definitely right, on a day like that one a gopro would had been a Godsend.

Oh, sorry, maybe mixed you up with someone else. Did you have some kind of attachment you put on your balcony railing to take photos during one of your reviews? I seem to remember some kind of hands free arrangement. But really, you captured some great shots during the race, even without a GoPro type setup.

Something a little funny is that I had no idea I was a Art enthusiast, or even more so that one of my favorite artist was Peter Max, just a little inside joke there :D

He was so nice and friendly to you on the Breakaway, I can certainly see why you are his biggest fan...

Great review by the way. Makes me want to check out the Breeze one of these days.

I'm sure you've heard it a million times before...but your review is fantastic! We are going on back-to-back cruises on the Breeze in July, and reading this makes me feel like I'm already there! Thanks for taking time out of your vacation to document all we need to know about this beautiful ship!

I am now going to read your other reviews...I have to find out what happened with this Peter Max dude!

Hi Gambee :)

Ahhhhhhh.... I see you located where to get that smoked salmon on a bagel

other than room service breakfast. I always turn that 'cold selection'

into a hot selection & have them grill it as they would do to a grilled reuben

sandwich, yum! The deli on Carnival is indeed a nice feature.

My wife & I are loving your review! We'll be on the Breeze for a 14-day

voyage next May.

:)

Oh my, actually I had not noticed that. Well now I know :D. You really have to keep that into account when considering eating on the Breeze, if not you could completely miss a lot of great food.

Wonderful review! Brings back memories.

I took over 1' date='400 pix on my Breeze cruise. My group is luckily just as photo-happy as I am. I did a little searching and found a photoshop action that has a cartoon/comic effect that looks similar to your camera's mode. Going to give it a shot! I am on my forth Olympus (tg-1) and love them so I won't be switching to Sony just for an effect.

My group went to the Italian restaurant on the last night and they brought us one of everything on the menu. We all ordered what we wanted then they filled in with entrees that weren't ordered so we could try them. Same with desserts! Great service!

Also the live music acts around the ship were wonderful. Very talented musicians. We especially loved the guitarist in the Red Frog pub. Amy I think was her name. We spent a lot of time out on the deck of the pub. The slider booth was our go-to for relaxing escape from the sun. I agree that deck 5 needs some shade.

Thanks you for your review! Going to read all of them. I'm taking my first solo cruise in January but there's no roll call action yet. Glad your solo experience worked out![/quote']

I have to agree with the musicians, they sounded great. They must have some great scouts looking for talent. I hope you manage to get a similar effect with an app, from what I gathered it was really hard to accomplish it with some apps I tried. I am actually in the mist of updating my camera setup :D.

Thank you for following the review :)

Gambee,

If you want a buzz, the Alchemy Bar is the place to be. Hands down the best drinks onboard!

I guess I will have to try a ship that has one, I wonder why they did not add it on the Breeze?

When we visited the Keys many years ago, we also had the best grouper sandwich in a tinny shack in the middle of nowhere. You could have made a couple sandwiches from it.

There are a lot of great places for good food in the keys, this kind of places that are on Duval really have nothing on them. I tend to eat on my way down to Key West, the food is so great.

Gambee, let me say that I have followed your past reviews. I don't think I commented on them, but I have always loved them.

I watched your videos on this one, and thoroughly loved them. Your photos are outstanding.

I still have to catch up on this review, but just wanted to say thank you.

Thank you for finally commenting on this one, it is greatly appreciated. Hope you like this one as much as you liked the other ones.

Oh, sorry, maybe mixed you up with someone else. Did you have some kind of attachment you put on your balcony railing to take photos during one of your reviews? I seem to remember some kind of hands free arrangement. But really, you captured some great shots during the race, even without a GoPro type setup.

it's ok, yeah I have a gorillapod, great little tripod! Who knows I might buy a go pro in the future, it all depends on picture quality.

I spot a possible Oregonian!! Or maybe just an Oregon State fan... GO BEAVS!!!

Thank you for your reviews Gambee. Breeze is def on my bucket list of ships!

Glad you like the review, thank you for following :)

He was so nice and friendly to you on the Breakaway, I can certainly see why you are his biggest fan...

Great review by the way. Makes me want to check out the Breeze one of these days.

Hehe :D, right?

You should definitely try the ship out, it was a great experience for me.

I'm sure you've heard it a million times before...but your review is fantastic! We are going on back-to-back cruises on the Breeze in July, and reading this makes me feel like I'm already there! Thanks for taking time out of your vacation to document all we need to know about this beautiful ship!

I am now going to read your other reviews...I have to find out what happened with this Peter Max dude!

Just a heads up the encounter with Max on the Breakaway ;)

Have a great cruise! I see a lot of people doing B2B on the Breeze, that must be fun!