!!! BREEZE !!! Western Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Gambee,

Come on ........take a selfie and post it ... may be in the end of this review. You are doing awesome job.

It's really a nice picture...but detail would be nice....I'm sure Gambee has nothing to be ashamed about.....he just likes being incognito. :D

But come on Gambee.....enquiring minds want to know....what do you look like in case we are on the Breeze the same time as you?

We want to see your smiling face! Come on Gambee....just this once....

I loved your review and let me know how your new camera turns out. I am assuming the lenses you had with the NEX will work just fine on your a6000?

I read a few good reviews on your camera. Good luck with that.....now.......

JUST STEP IN FRONT OF IT WHILE THE SHUTTER IS CLICKING ! :D

Gambee....I love your reviews....but.....I will not read any more until you take a selfie or have someone take a picture of you and post it. Come on dude. You have gone through how many reviews now and haven't shown yourself? You can do without any fear. Many have met you now, and one of these days, someone will post a picture of you anyways, so you might as well take one that makes you look better and post it.

On second thought, I will read your reviews....but....I will attribute them to Gumbee, not Gambee....

Just kidding....but you really ought to show yourself.....for historical record!

I'll make sure they pay you well!

I have been through this numerous times, and it will not change. You're right, there are pictures of me out there, and people are free to post them. And while I would not appreciate it, there is simply nothing I can do about it. I hope that my wishes are respected, and that is maintained as is. I have no problem on meeting people on the cruises, as has be seen from my Breakaway and Breeze reviews. But that is in a controlled environment.

I would like to clarify that my main reason for not posting is safety. I constantly travel to caribbean on these magnificent ships. If you read my reviews you should be aware that the Caribbean is not exactly gay friendly, if anything it is very dangerous in some countries. In Grenada for example is simply illegal, I know because my ex used to study medicine there, and things can get very nasty. Jamaica is well known for killing gays in horrible ways, just because they are gay. I have friends who fear visiting their family in Jamaica. Grand Cayman sadly has a very similar view on us. In Trinidad is illegal to enter the country if you're gay (yes I've been there). I mean really? How ignorant can they be? Anyway, I could go on and on, but the point is that I am simply choosing to keep my identity "semi" private for my safety and my moms safety. I want to continue traveling and documenting everything without having to fear for my life or my moms life. I hope everyone understands that.

It would be a real shame to loose you, but unfortunately there is nothing I can do to change that from my side.

As for the A6000, you're correct she uses the same lens as the NEX. Sony simply rebranded the NEX line, I am not sure why. It just makes everything more complicated. Kind of what Infinity just did to their entire line. I am also looking into buying another "New" Zeiss lens, but I am pretty broke now so that might have to wait.

Wow your review and pictures are awesome!! Thanks so much for taking the time..I realize what a huge effort it must be and I know so many greatly appreciate it. I'm trying to overcome some objections and convince my gf to try the Breeze. I think your review will help her see the light. lol thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by bachcruise

One of the things I love about Gambee is that you can tell how he is and who he is by his reviews and personality alone. I don't think people need a selfie to really get a gist of who he is.

I will tell you something, when I think of my friend I don't think of his face... I think of his sweet and generous soul. I think of his accent and most of all his laugh that really cracks me up when we spend time together.

So all in all, I know some of you are asking for a selfie to "put a face to the man" but it really isn't necessary, trust me! :)

I have been through this numerous times, and it will not change. You're right, there are pictures of me out there, and people are free to post them. And while I would not appreciate it, there is simply nothing I can do about it. I hope that my wishes are respected, and that is maintained as is. I have no problem on meeting people on the cruises, as has be seen from my Breakaway and Breeze reviews. But that is in a controlled environment.

I would like to clarify that my main reason for not posting is safety. I constantly travel to caribbean on these magnificent ships. If you read my reviews you should be aware that the Caribbean is not exactly gay friendly, if anything it is very dangerous in some countries. In Grenada for example is simply illegal, I know because my ex used to study medicine there, and things can get very nasty. Jamaica is well known for killing gays in horrible ways, just because they are gay. I have friends who fear visiting their family in Jamaica. Grand Cayman sadly has a very similar view on us. In Trinidad is illegal to enter the country if you're gay (yes I've been there). I mean really? How ignorant can they be? Anyway, I could go on and on, but the point is that I am simply choosing to keep my identity "semi" private for my safety and my moms safety. I want to continue traveling and documenting everything without having to fear for my life or my moms life. I hope everyone understands that.

It would be a real shame to loose you, but unfortunately there is nothing I can do to change that from my side.

As for the A6000, you're correct she uses the same lens as the NEX. Sony simply rebranded the NEX line, I am not sure why. It just makes everything more complicated. Kind of what Infinity just did to their entire line. I am also looking into buying another "New" Zeiss lens, but I am pretty broke now so that might have to wait.

I respect your wishes, Gambee. I am sorry if I brought this on. I understand your reasoning behind keeping incognito better now. I love your cruise reviews. Can't wait for you to go on another cruise for the next review.

Edited by cruisingis1

Gambee you have every right to be as private as you want to be. It amazes me how intrusive some people can be and it sucks that you even felt the need to explain yourself. I wouldn't post any pictures of myself here either for various reasons.

Edited by TheTravelista

Gambee,

You are the best!! I have read all your reviews, whether I'm interested in the ship or not, just because you are so darn entertaining!! :)

Your pictures are beautiful and your videos are outstanding! I love hearing your commentary, and occasional singing ;). You really provide lots of great information! (And Sarah, you are correct, hearing his voice conveys a lot...folks need to be respectful of his privacy!)

I look forward to reading the next adventures for you and your mom!

Happy and safe cruising!

Thanks for all you do!! :D

Gambee....

I completely understand now why you don't want to post pictures. On the other hand, if you had never told us you were gay, no one would have known.

But, I will respect your wishes, and wish you the best. I will, of course, read your reviews...as they are fantastic. I just didn't realize why you didn't want to post your picture. Trust me, if I ever met you, I would not take your picture and definitely wouldn't post it due to your concerns. It stinks that you have to live in fear of retribution for your lifestyle. One of my brother in laws is gay, and he was constantly getting in fights and coming home beaten up during his party days before he found a life long partner. He is doing fine now, but I remember his face being brusied and beaten, and I knew even back then why he was having a problem.

I see your point, I guess I never thought it would be a problem on a fan friendly site like this, but you can't be too careful. That being said, thanks for a terrific review of one of our favorite ships too! We sailed it to Antigua, and Tortolla, and it was a great time.

Thanks for your patience with my questioning you. You were great in your responses back to me. Thanks again! Your friend,

Sonic

Gambee, I totally Understand and respect your decision.

Great review and pictures. After reading it all the way thru, I thought I was done but just this morning realized that the cruise we are thinking of taking the family on next year is aboard this ship! I re-subscribed so I can show them all of your fantastic pictures!

Wow your review and pictures are awesome!! Thanks so much for taking the time..I realize what a huge effort it must be and I know so many greatly appreciate it. I'm trying to overcome some objections and convince my gf to try the Breeze. I think your review will help her see the light. lol thanks again!

Hopefully after she reads the review she will have a better understanding of carnival's real product. Personally I was very skeptical of trying them, mainly due to bad rep. But I was pleasantly surprised with the end result.

Thanks so much for the amazing review. I will be sailing the Breeze in two weeks in a cove balcony and your review has me bouncing of the walls! Great job!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

You're very welcome, glad you liked it. Have a great cruise!

One of the things I love about Gambee is that you can tell how he is and who he is by his reviews and personality alone. I don't think people need a selfie to really get a gist of who he is.

I will tell you something, when I think of my friend I don't think of his face... I think of his sweet and generous soul. I think of his accent and most of all his laugh that really cracks me up when we spend time together.

So all in all, I know some of you are asking for a selfie to "put a face to the man" but it really isn't necessary, trust me! :)

Well thank you Sarah, that was quite nice of you :o. Feel honored of being your friend.

I respect your wishes, Gambee. I am sorry if I brought this on. I understand your reasoning behind keeping incognito better now. I love your cruise reviews. Can't wait for you to go on another cruise for the next review.

Thank you for understanding.

Gambee you have every right to be as private as you want to be. It amazes me how intrusive some people can be and it sucks that you even felt the need to explain yourself. I wouldn't post any pictures of myself here either for various reasons.

It's cool, in a way I understand where they are coming from. Thank you for your comment and expressing your support. It is greatly appreciated. Also thank you for being a part of this great review :)

Gambee,

You are the best!! I have read all your reviews, whether I'm interested in the ship or not, just because you are so darn entertaining!! :)

Your pictures are beautiful and your videos are outstanding! I love hearing your commentary, and occasional singing ;). You really provide lots of great information! (And Sarah, you are correct, hearing his voice conveys a lot...folks need to be respectful of his privacy!)

I look forward to reading the next adventures for you and your mom!

Happy and safe cruising!

Thanks for all you do!! :D

Thank you kindly, loved your comment, short and sweet. I really try inject as much fun as possible into the review to try to convey how happy I was at the time on the cruise. I think it helps people relate to how much they can enjoy their time if they were going to sail on that ship.

The video reviews are something kind of new, started on the Breakaway and only done them on 3 ships. I am glad to know that everyone enjoys them, because quite honestly they require a lot of time and energy, mainly walking all over the ship. On this cruise after I failed to wake up early on the last day, I actually considered not doing them. It was only towards the end of the day that I decided to go ahead proceed and do them.

Once again thank you for commenting.

Gambee....

I completely understand now why you don't want to post pictures. On the other hand, if you had never told us you were gay, no one would have known.

But, I will respect your wishes, and wish you the best. I will, of course, read your reviews...as they are fantastic. I just didn't realize why you didn't want to post your picture. Trust me, if I ever met you, I would not take your picture and definitely wouldn't post it due to your concerns. It stinks that you have to live in fear of retribution for your lifestyle. One of my brother in laws is gay, and he was constantly getting in fights and coming home beaten up during his party days before he found a life long partner. He is doing fine now, but I remember his face being brusied and beaten, and I knew even back then why he was having a problem.

I see your point, I guess I never thought it would be a problem on a fan friendly site like this, but you can't be too careful. That being said, thanks for a terrific review of one of our favorite ships too! We sailed it to Antigua, and Tortolla, and it was a great time.

Thanks for your patience with my questioning you. You were great in your responses back to me. Thanks again! Your friend,

Sonic

Since day one I clear about my sexuality, got nothing to hide. You can't do these type of reviews and not mention that. It just would not flow since my ex traveled with us on the Allure.

Either way glad you understand.

Great review and pictures. After reading it all the way thru, I thought I was done but just this morning realized that the cruise we are thinking of taking the family on next year is aboard this ship! I re-subscribed so I can show them all of your fantastic pictures!

Glad you like it, hopefully you will book her. Great overall ship!

The Beach pool was PACKED!!!

Day6-105_zpsa873b0d8.jpg

Well the pool itself was not bad, but everyone was out enjoying the sun after a horrible winter.

Day6-106_zps7088ab3e.jpg

Overall I found her in very good condition, nothing to point out.

Day6-104_zpsc8e4c428.jpg

These pics make me sad. I'm not on the ship, but I feel like I'm on Day 6 with you. Can't wait until we're on her in November.