!!! BREEZE !!! Western Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Count me as another vote for booking independently in Grand Cayman. I've been out with Moby Dick twice and had excellent trips both times.

I'm considering Native Way next time because they do go to Rum Point as well as the reef and the sandbar. Rum Point looks beautiful in every pic I've seen.

Still loving the review!

I will keep that in mind, I like doing new things each time. Thank you :)

Too bad you didn't try the MDR that night. The escargot is one of the best things on a Carnival menu. Also, the chilled cherry soup is quite nice as well!!! I was saddened to hear you didn't like the MDR much but at least you found other food you enjoyed and still had a great trip! :D

I guess maybe some of the appetizers were the only things I enjoyed, but just overall not worth it for the spent there and such. But like I said I have little patience when eating at restaurants and a really short attention span. I am sure it is quite different for many other cruisers.

You can't win them all with cruise lines, but in the end is all about having a great time on your vacation, and that I did :)

Edited by gambee

After a few days I finally found some at the beginning of the buffet on the wall I think. Od place, your hand doesn't get dry before you pick up your plate. I know for sure you don't go in the buffet on RC without the guy standing there guiding you to them , I just used my own most of the time.

I forgot to bring mine, there was a lot of hand washing in that cruise. Carnival should really address this.

Gambee, you simply have to stop cruising ships that aren't already on my cruise wishlist! My list is already so long I don't know how I will ever be able to complete it, and now it is even longer because I've just added the Breeze to it! Please don't tell my DH that my list is longer - he thinks I'm out of control with my cruise planning already! :eek: Besides, I just got home from a week in Grand Cayman and I already want to go back! :D

Lol, thats funny :D

Edited by gambee

We totally waited until 10 because we misunderstood! It was fine because we were a little hungover that day and juat wanted to relax on the beach for a couple of hours, but I am glad to know this for next time. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Fairly new to CC, and bumped into your review. Sailing on the Dream in February, and since the Breeze is similar, decided to read your review. I must say I am addicted now! Awesome review and great pictures (regardless of what camera you are using). Impatiently waiting for the next day to start. Kinda like waiting for the next season of Walking Dead to start! Thanks again!

We totally waited until 10 because we misunderstood! It was fine because we were a little hungover that day and juat wanted to relax on the beach for a couple of hours, but I am glad to know this for next time. Thanks!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Oh No! Well I could not have waited since my meeting time was well before 10am ship time. That is why I went to guest services to ask, now that I think about it, Carnival might be doing this to thin out the masses. Well at least you relaxed on the ship for a little while.

Fairly new to CC, and bumped into your review. Sailing on the Dream in February, and since the Breeze is similar, decided to read your review. I must say I am addicted now! Awesome review and great pictures (regardless of what camera you are using). Impatiently waiting for the next day to start. Kinda like waiting for the next season of Walking Dead to start! Thanks again!

That is a strong statement coming from a Walking Dead fan to another, I know what you mean. Thank you so much for commenting and reading the review :).

thank you for your review great one. im on the Breeze in august on a spa stateroom with my kids and you give me an idea on what to do and what not.....:D

that is what my reviews are all about, getting people familiarized with the vessel prior they board it. Hope you have a great family cruise!

Loving your review and the awesome pictures! We are really looking forward to going on the Breeze next year so reading great reviews like this will pass the time a little more quickly! :)

Loving your review and the awesome pictures! We are really looking forward to going on the Breeze next year so reading great reviews like this will pass the time a little more quickly! :)

Thank you for posting, glad you're liking the review :)

A short update on information that I was not aware off. So for Grand Cayman keep in mind Moby Dick fills their tour to up to 65 people. As another user stated here try Cayman Eco Adventures, they have a fast boat and will only sell 25 seats max per day. It is a sister company of Stingray Sailing, so I am sure it will be a great company. They do 3 stops with the same amount of time allowed in the other two stops, the faster boat allows time to make that third stop. I guess that and the Native way, that another CC member mentioned are good options. I am actually typing it in here as I always come back to my reviews to get information when I am planning new cruises =). Anyway, back to the story.

Day 5

untitled-25_zps573c7276.jpg

untitled-26_zps43493ff3.jpg

untitled-27_zpsa29bb729.jpg

untitled-28_zpsbfdce886.jpg

untitled-29_zpsa6fff1b3.jpg

untitled-30_zpsaebd58c3.jpg

I woke up that morning and relaxed for a little while. I had ordered room service the night before, and was I up just before the set delivery time. Little did I know that she was right on time with my food, great service again Carnival shines. She was also really nice and asked me if I needed anything else. As asked me how the cruise was going? Very friendly. As always I had her tip set aside since the night before.

One thing that I had never done before, she asked me to sign my order to ensure that delivery was done. I was not familiar with this procedure on any other line. Not a problem, just pointing out.

Day5-1_zpsb110b83c.jpg

The bagel was hard as a rock, I think if I threw it overboard I could of killed a dolphin! lol, Other than that everything was pretty good.

Day5-2_zps342e1dfa.jpg

Smoked salmon. Again sorry about the picture quality. Wont happen again, I have learned my lesson. Now that I think about it, I never saw salmon on the breakfast station in the buffet. Maybe they had it on the back stations? Not sure. I know they had it in the MDR for breakfast.

Day5-3_zps2e463e21.jpg

Fruit platter.

Day5-4_zps1501c2ea.jpg

While I was eating my breakfast I turned on the TV and noticed that the pool cam was showing all the towel animals on deck. I had to get pictures of that, so I got ready and headed out.

Day5-5_zpsfbb3dab2.jpg

Something kind of funny happened that morning. My routine when I leave the room is that I always grab my camera and the key card. Well did time I grabbed the camera, but instead of grabbing the key card I grabbed a memory card instead. lol. So I had to go to guest services to get a temp card to open my room.

Day5-6_zps2bf08aa2.jpg

Please don't ask me how the hell could I confuse the room card with a memory card... I guess it was early in the morning, you know... The brain is not fully functional yet. lol.

Day5-7_zpsf2289115.jpg

Getting the new card a Breezeeee ;) (Sorry I just had to) and again a pleasure to go to guest services. I headed up to the beach pool to get the pictures of the towel animal display. This must a major under taking, great props for the staff that does this for us to enjoy.

Day5-8_zps72fa3a42.jpg

Day5-9_zpsa6c1223e.jpg

At this point I Like to say that Breeze is ONE AMAZING SHIP!!! I think I said that before, oh well, just add it as a constant to the equation, lol. Because it wont change!

Day5-10_zpsff41f3d0.jpg

Day5-11_zps1268a5bd.jpg

Day5-12_zps632d3400.jpg

This guy was missing an eye, lol. Mayby he needs a patch arrrrrrrrr :D. ( please no offense to anyone, just a silly joke).

Day5-13_zps88d28465.jpg

I wonder at what time they start making these displays.

Day5-14_zpsa6523eef.jpg

Day5-15_zps3d794586.jpg

Day5-18_zps7bab0234.jpg

Day5-19_zpsada86c0c.jpg

I decided to go to the DJ Booth area to get a better picture.

Day5-20_zps817c7206.jpg

Its funny that it took me an abstract picture such as this one to notice the whale at the bottom of the pool.

Day5-21_zps07d99151.jpg

I headed back to the room to relax before we docked, only to find this on my tv.

Day5-23_zps6ef79045.jpg

Fortunately the outage did not last that long.

I retreated to the balcony while we docked in Cozumel.

Day5-24_zps8d5e4e5c.jpg

Day5-25_zps364b0016.jpg

Day5-26_zps17c03316.jpg

Day5-27_zps7121a779.jpg

Then I went to the front balcony to see if we were docked next to another ship. Indeed we were right next to the triumph.

Day5-28_zps64b0de0b.jpg

Oh Cozumel, how I have missed you….

Day5-30_zps8b56bb90.jpg

Like I said not crazy about the tall whale tails.

Day5-31_zps4c06d919.jpg

Day5-32_zpsb1bb1e7e.jpg

Day5-34_zpsbf0d6098.jpg

Never seen this before in Cozumel. Maybe the RCCL and X pier is shorter? Not sure, I think about the same. Maybe it has to do with contracts...

Day5-35_zpsf22a532c.jpg

Day5-36_zps4ae5ffa7.jpg

Day5-37_zps230d58f8.jpg

I think the Triumph mini golf is larger than the carnival breeze.

Day5-38_zps2897ef17.jpg

The Triumph also had their towel animals in display.

Day5-39_zps07a9e001.jpg

I noticed the flow rider was already open

Day5-40_zpsf314436e.jpg

Day5-41_zps278211da.jpg

I think if I ever sail on the Triumph or similar class ship, that will be the jacuzzi that I would frequent the most. I am sure you know why by now ;)

Day5-42_zpsc6b026bc.jpg

Day5-43_zps3024aacf.jpg

I will approach this topic very delicately, please no fights or anything. This was mentioned before and a big fight followed it. Note, I noticed this on my own while I was taking pictures. I am simply expressing my personal opinion. The Triumph looked very worn out for a ship that just went through a remodel. I will simply let the pictures do the talking. I did however talked to some cruisers that were traveling in her and they said that she looked nice inside. However, the outside had much more rust than I like seeing on ships.

She looked rough to say the least.... :-/

Day5-46_zps6883f108.jpg

Day5-44_zpscd7aea9b.jpg

Day5-47_zpscec7001e.jpg

Day5-48_zps1548032c.jpg

Day5-62_zpsfa43543a.jpg

It was pretty much spread out throughout the entire ship. But then again the people sailing inside her would have a hard time seeing what we saw. Either way just seems to me like Carnival should be keeping her a little cleaner on the outside. As much as we like to say to never judge a book by its cover, the cover no the less has something to say. Just saying...

Anyway, I took a few more pictures before heading down.

Day5-61_zpsa18cdde8.jpg

How I wish I was on ship right now... That jacuzzi is calling my name just about right now

Day5-60_zps39846cbb.jpg

Day5-59_zpsdf65d855.jpg

Then I took the elevator down to get off the ship, and getting off the ship was quick and painless.

Day5-64_zps013a060e.jpg

Carnival tends to over do it with the photographers, very annoying. But then again I just said no and walked pass them. I never purchase pictures. Well not true, my mom purchased a picture of the Disney Dream water slide. But quite honestly, I can produce equal results, it just takes time and energy. On this cruise I really never setup the tripod or anything, oh my I forgot to get the night pictures, I just realized that...

Day5-66_zps096b890f.jpg

Think twice before brining illegal substances, I saw a lot of these on all 3 ports.

Day5-68_zps4ac7911d.jpg