Cold Soups

lovetrauma

Many years ago NCL had Cold Soups on their Menus. On my last Cruise they no longer served them. However I heard that they would be coming back. I was wondering if anyone that Sailed recently noticed if Cold Soups are back or still not being served.

I sailed in late March and there were no cold soups. I like cold soups like vichyssoise but I've never understood the appeal of cold fruit soups. The cold fruit soups always taste like melted ice cream to me.

Many years ago NCL had Cold Soups on their Menus. On my last Cruise they no longer served them. However I heard that they would be coming back. I was wondering if anyone that Sailed recently noticed if Cold Soups are back or still not being served.

No cold soups.

I saw a cold peach soup on the buffet (can't remember if it was lunch or dinner) on our Panama Canal cruise a couple of weeks ago on the Jewel. I didn't notice any others, but I wasn't specifically looking for them. There were none on the MDR menus the nights I ate there.

I just read someone's review of their cruise on the Breakaway from last week & after speaking with the dining manager, they made her cold soups to order at the buffet each day. I'm not saying to expect this, but that would lead me to believe they may be headed in the direction of bringing them back. Just a theory.

I asked the head chief @ the Cruise Critic Meet & Greet .

Will there be chilled soup ??

Peter smile's , gives a small nod . :)

There was soup in the buffet twice a day .

Banana is my favorite . :D

We were on the Sun in March and cold soup was on the MDR menu one night only :( but was on the buffet every day. My favorite is banana although I like them all - except mixed berry, which is too, too sweet. Of course that was the one most often on the buffet :rolleyes: but at least they were there.

I sailed in late March and there were no cold soups. I like cold soups like vichyssoise but I've never understood the appeal of cold fruit soups. The cold fruit soups always taste like melted ice cream to me.

This is exactly how I feel about the chilled fruit soups. Don't get the appeal.

Sadly, I had cold soup on the Spirit in January--- only it was a tomato bisque, so I am pretty certain that it was supposed to be hot.

Maybe, but gazpacho is a tomato based chilled soup which is absolutely yummy. I hope that NCL brings gazpacho back to the menu, as well.