cost to add another person

I'm currently booked as a solo and got a great rate. My base rate was $876 (yes, as a solo). If I were to add someone would the taxes and fees just be added to the rate I received or is the whole cabin repriced to the current rate?

I'm currently booked as a solo and got a great rate. My base rate was $876 (yes, as a solo). If I were to add someone would the taxes and fees just be added to the rate I received or is the whole cabin repriced to the current rate?

It used to be that you could add someone to a single, and the price would be what the rate was when you booked. However, I tried to do that a couple of months ago and my travel agent said Royal wanted to add the second person at the current rate. She was able to get the second person added at the original rate, but Royal made it sound like they were making an exception.

So my guess would be that they would add the second person at the current rate (plus taxes) and remove the single supplement from your rate.

Edited by clarea

I was told by my TA ( less than a month ago) that RCCL will reprice the cabin at the currant rates, and, that if I were booking a solo with absolutely any chance of adding a cabin mate, I should book as a double, then I could always change back to a solo, or, if I show up as a solo at sailing, the taxes and port fees will be refunded by RCCL.

My most recent experience for a cruise in April... Booked a cruise after final payment for a single, paying the full single supplement. Added the second passenger a couple of weeks later only paying the taxes and port charges. The base price of the cruise was still the same at the time of the addition of the second passenger.