taxi from MCO to Port Canaveral

Does anyone have an idea how much a taxi would be from MCO to Port Canaveral? There are 4 of us travelling.

MCO is 45-60min away from the port so a taxi will cost you $$$$$$....:eek:

You would be better to either do a one way car rental or take a shuttle such as Travelynx, Executive VIP limo or Cocoa Beach Shuttle.

From what I can see online so far, a taxi will actually cost less than the Carnival Shuttle and most other shared or private cars. I am wondering if anyone has taken a taxi recently so that I can verify what I see only....about $120 each way.

With a taxi you'll have to pay a surcharge for it to return to MCO. It's an hour each way and the taxi still has to pay the driver to return to MCO.

The cheapest taxi is $130 USD plus additional charges.

Shared shuttle service from someone like Cocoa Beach shuttle will only cost about $25 per person; even limo service from Executive VIP is likely to be cheaper than a taxi.

for the record

for most airports, if you go to their website and find 'ground transportation' you'll get a guestimate of travel costs to major points by various methods

looking at Orlando's page you see that a taxi is about $105 one way - but we know that a taxi is charged PER VEHICLE while shuttles will charge per person and limo's by the hour (typically)

http://www.orlandoairports.net/transport/local_transport.htm

some sites ARE easier to decipher than others . . . for example this site actually DOES say that a taxi from MIA to the port is flat rate $24 ! But it might take some effort to find that.

http://www.miami-airport.com/hotel_shuttles.asp

Edited by Capt_BJ