Hey! is this Right?

When I do a sample booking on the October 2014 Liberty transatlantic for 2 people, I am offered a balcony guarantee option and it totals out at 1801. When I change the booking to 1 adult, the guarantee is gone and the best final price I can get on a balcony is 2999. Same story on the August Brilliance TA (with higher pricing). No X Guarantee once I change to one adult.

Are guarantees not offered to solo travelers?

I had the same thing come up when I booked my solo Celebrity cruise in 2012.

It is just laziness on the part of the IT department: they only load the promotional prices to work when '2' is selected for number of guests; change it to 1, or 3 or 4 for that matter, and you go back to rack rate or get a 'not available' message.

Just give them a call and demand (politely of course) the best price available for single occupancy.

When I do a sample booking on the October 2014 Liberty transatlantic for 2 people, I am offered a balcony guarantee option and it totals out at 1801. When I change the booking to 1 adult, the guarantee is gone and the best final price I can get on a balcony is 2999. Same story on the August Brilliance TA (with higher pricing). No X Guarantee once I change to one adult.

Are guarantees not offered to solo travelers?

Looked at another site, and the X guarantee for a solo is not offered on any of the sailings that I could see. Guess they want more people in a cabin, attracting more revenue (more spending, etc). I see that they really discourage singles from sailing on most cruise lines.

fishywood is probably right, an IT thing. I don't think they do offer solo guarantees. They seem to be pretty selective with solo offers. Pricing a cruise recently, with the many different inside categories, and plenty of cabins available in each category, the system would only allow solo booking in the cheapest. But, it had only a 15% single supplement, so I took it.